Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting up in Ableton..?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrnfox22

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Setting up in Ableton..? Reply with quote

Hi.. Just ordered my King Korg today. should be here on Thursday.. I will be using it inside Ableton live 9 . I have never set up a hardware synth inside Ableton live 9, so any help on the Ins and outs would be great !! Like can i use just a USB connection or do i need to connect the midi in an out to my Audio interface.. Also how actually to set it up inside Ableton so i can Record the sounds I make and also use it as a controller. if Posssible? Thanks. N Fox

Very Happy
djcactus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what im doing, its pretty easy. Just plug it in either to your midi interface or with the usb port. Everything should run smooth from recording audio into ableton from sending midi from ableton's clips to your KK. Is there anything special you want to do with the KK in ableton? I ask because I use my ESX1sd to control essentially everything in ableton live.
mrnfox22

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got it working fine in live now.. I use an external instrument to run it through.. whick means when it comes to recording i have to set up a separate audio track to record the audio from the inputs on my interface which i have it plugged into . couldnt find a way to just have it running on a midi track alone? do you have any trouble using the librarian? ive downloaded and intstalled the usb midi drivers but when i open the librarian it says the korg is not connected? yhanks for your time..
djcactus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm interesting. I actually dont have much use for the librarian, though you should be able to just use a midi track without worrying about the audio. Obviously you'll only be recording midi but it should send back to the KK no prob. This is how i run alot of my gear live.

edit: click the I/O button to set the ins and outs of your individual midi/audio channels, the KK should come up as an option
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: