Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Re. Non Touch Screen..Why???????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronniecruisin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Re. Non Touch Screen..Why??????? Reply with quote

Hi. All. I'm Back! Got My Oasys back.(very happy Very Happy ) But....The O has been sitting in a studio unused for about 6 months. As with others in this forum the touch screen simply does not react to touch. Screen shows graphics fine. What I am having great difficulty finding out is Why can this happen.? Does anyone know the cause.?? What actually fails?? And is it possible to fix the existing touch panel or when it fails like this is it stuffed and needs to be renewed??? I have not been able to find much info on the net about this problem. I have ordered the fujitsu panel as another in this forum has done but would prefer to try a fix with the original panel if possible. There does not seem to be much to them and I can not understand what would go wrong with them that can't easily be fixed. Can any one help me with this info??? Confused
frederik-luna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Non Touch Screen..Why????? Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie,

It is quite some years ago that you posted your question about the non-working touch screen.
Because now I have the same problem, without moving or using the Oasys 88 for 2 month, suddenly the first time I would like to use it again, the touch screen does not react to touch anymore. All other functions seem to work normally. Can you (or someone else) give me some advice how to repair this (seemingly) software problem? I have OS version 1.3.3 (2 GB) while the version on CD is 1.3.0
ronniecruisin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re. Oasys touch screen issue. Reply with quote

Hi. can't remember where I posted it in this forum but I have posted a fix for this problem in detail. The fix is simply to buy a new touch panel. Cost Australian was around $100. The type and part no and all the steps to replace it are in my previous post. I have recently sold my O. Ronnie.
ronniecruisin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Just found it.... It's on page 2 about halfway down. Ronnie Very Happy
ronniecruisin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Just found it.... It's on page 2 about halfway down. Ronnie Very Happy
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: Re. Oasys touch screen issue. Reply with quote

ronniecruisin wrote:
Hi. can't remember where I posted it in this forum but I have posted a fix for this problem in detail. The fix is simply to buy a new touch panel. Cost Australian was around $100. The type and part no and all the steps to replace it are in my previous post. I have recently sold my O. Ronnie.

It's probably worth repeating here, if you don't mind:

ronniecruisin wrote:
Hi. All. I got a mate to order the screen for me. Can't remember their name but they are in Adelaide I think. But they had to order in from OS. You may get it cheaper by buying direct. The place suggested on this forum does not have them any more. But if you type in this part number there are plenty available elsewhere. Mine was 90 plus dollars with postage. The part number is FUJITSU N010-0554-T347. This is the exact one Korg originally used. Also I found somewhere on this forum together with this part number the NEC part number for the LCD. Did'nt write it down though so you will have to look for it. It was even cheaper OS Price about $ 60 . Smile If you do replace the touch panel be very careful and take your time getting the old one off. I used a very fine long pointed craft knife and very slowly slipped the blade under the edge of the old panel gently prising up the panel as I ran the knife along the edge until it let go. Make sure you mark on the LCD surround with a fineliner exactly where the old panel sits before you remove it. Get the thinnest double sided tape possible and put it just in from the edge of the new panel and trim the excess off with your craft blade. Flip the panel over and carefully align it with your fineliner marks (assuming no dust between the two panels) and gently run your finger around and all is fixed. Idea By the way, you can test to see if the panel is the problem without removing the old one. If you simply plug in the new panel and lay it over the old one it will work. If it does'nt then you will know the problem lies elsewhere. Hope all this waffle helps.....Regards ...Ronnie Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: