Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome Piano from external weighted keyboard.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
splinters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Krome Piano from external weighted keyboard. Reply with quote

I am trying to build a simple but flexible rig so i can have a small home studio based around a DAW while still being able to gig.
I have a Krome 61 and an Axiom 25 which could be used as a second keyboard for solos etc.
I really cant warm to playing piano on the Krome as the keys just dont feel right and wondered if anyone had tried running the Krome piano from an external weighted keyboard. I have the chance to get a Studiologic SSl-990 Pro for £100 but wouod just use that if i gigged; driving the krome piano hile using the krome as a second keyboard. Obviously would set up a combi to do that.
Anyone got any ideas or experience on this?
splinters

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add that i was aware of the action when i bought it but need the smaller keyboard for the studio, which is why i didnt get the 88 key and i also dont want to buy a dedicated piano but can justify the cost of the SL990 just for occasional gigs,
1jordyzzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey before doing anything that wastes your money, try tweaking the velocity curve on global.. it should help i think..

Korg Kronos 88, Yamaha PSR s910, Korg C720, Yamaha DTX 520, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, a pair of Yamaha HS80 in (soon not to be) an unproperly treated room..
splinters

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any particular value worth trying?
johnnypro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a Krome61 on top of a Yamaha MOX8. Most of the time I use the piano in the MOX8 which sounds fine for the Wedding/Party Band I'm in. I have used the MOX8 to control the Krome and it sounds and feels great.

Past Korgs: Korg Lambda, Korg Poly 6, Korg Poly 800, M1ex, T1, T3, T2, 01w, 01w/fd, TR6101wPro88, N5, N5ex, N1, Trinity V3, Triton, TRiton Le, Triton EX, X3, X5, X50.
splinters

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone tried this with the Krome piano sound? I cant get on with the sponginess of the keybed but love the other aspects of the Krome. Looking at a few weighted master keyboards....
splinters

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a Roland RD300NX hooked up to the Krome now and the piano is really nice but the sensitivity of the Roland does not translate well to the Krome where the piano plays heavily even on a light touch. Roland really tweak the board to match their piano sound and its lovely.

So, now i know but the Krome is up for sale as i wont be using it much now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: