Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bitrate for mp3 recording on Korg Pa-900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
51buick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Bitrate for mp3 recording on Korg Pa-900 Reply with quote

When trying to play some mp3 files that I made on my Korg Pa-900 with my friends Tyros 4, I kept getting a message that 'incorrect data format'.

When doing further looking I found that my Win 7 (64bit) properties says
they're all 32 kbps. I believe this is why the Tyros 4 wouldn't play them & kept giving me 'incorrect data format'.

Could someone else with a Korg Pa-900 please try recording at different quality settings & see if you get through properties on your computer 32 kbps for medium, high, highest quality settings.

I have sent a request to Korg about this.

I hope to hear back in a couple of days.
BillyHank

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that the MP3 file is in 48,000 Hz format and the Tyros will "ONLY" play 41,000 Hz format.

My MP3 file recorded on Pa900 loaded into Goldwave says the format is:
MPEG Audio Layer-3, 48,000 Hz, 320 kbps, joint stereo, VBR.
Variable Bit Rate format is confusing.

You can run the file through a program to convert to 41,000 Hz and it will work fine - Goldwave can do this as well as many other programs.

Bill G
51buick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thanks Bill G for the info on the 48K sampling rate mp3 of Korg Pa-900.
I saw it, but didn't consider Tyros 4's specs.

51buick
adello

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: very poor quality of the integrated mp3 recorder Reply with quote

at the beginning I was very pleased with the performance of PA900. but I am very disappointed with the quality of the integrated mp3 recorder. in fact the highest quality mp3 is only 32 kb / s therefore unusable at all..
I ask you if this feature can be corrected with a new operating system.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: very poor quality of the integrated mp3 recorder Reply with quote

adello wrote:
at the beginning I was very pleased with the performance of PA900. but I am very disappointed with the quality of the integrated mp3 recorder. in fact the highest quality mp3 is only 32 kb / s therefore unusable at all..
I ask you if this feature can be corrected with a new operating system.

This is absolutely false. Where did you come up with that number?

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
pippuzzo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, see my post at

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=563186#563186

Cheers.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pippuzzo wrote:
Hi, see my post at

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=563186#563186

Cheers.

See pippuzzo's reply. He's got it right. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Stratario

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 94 of the instruction manual shows that you can set the quality of MP3 recording. Medium quality corresponds to 128 bit rate.

Amoo Farrokh
Canada
BillyHank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stratario,

This is nice, but on the actual keyboard when you select Medium, High or Highest, no bit rate is shown for any of those settings.

I think Korg just copied that from the Pa3X manual and forgot it is different on the Pa900.

I do see high bit rates(192) when I load my MP3's recorded at the High setting, but it would sure save a lot of unnecessary dissatisfaction if Korg would address this issue in a more forth coming way.

Bill G
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillyHank wrote:
Stratario,

This is nice, but on the actual keyboard when you select Medium, High or Highest, no bit rate is shown for any of those settings.

I think Korg just copied that from the Pa3X manual and forgot it is different on the Pa900.

I do see high bit rates(192) when I load my MP3's recorded at the High setting, but it would sure save a lot of unnecessary dissatisfaction if Korg would address this issue in a more forth coming way.

Bill G

I'm sorry, I seem to be missing something here. What dissatisfaction and what issue? Also, why do you think there is any difference between the PA3X and PA900 regarding MP3 bit rates? Has this been tested or is it an assumption? Just curious.

Johann Sebastian Bach

BillyHank

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't state that very well - sorry.

The dissatisfaction i am referring too was stated earlier in this thread that only 32 bit rate was being shown when the MP3 was loaded into a PC MP3 player.

This has been hanging here for a while and it would be nice if Korg ever answered any of these posts as one of the posters said is ruined the keyboard for him/her. Go figure! Shocked

Bill G
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillyHank wrote:
I didn't state that very well - sorry.

The dissatisfaction i am referring too was stated earlier in this thread that only 32 bit rate was being shown when the MP3 was loaded into a PC MP3 player.

This has been hanging here for a while and it would be nice if Korg ever answered any of these posts as one of the posters said is ruined the keyboard for him/her. Go figure! Shocked

Bill G

I think in that case the MP3 player needs updating, that's not Korg's issue. When I play a Korg VBR MP3 on my PC with VLC I see the correct bit rates.

I agree that it would be nice if Korg stated the MP3 bit rate information in the PA900 documentation. I can't fault them though for not jumping in here, especially after it was shown there is no issue and anyone with the right tools can inspect a PA900 MP3 file to check the actual bit rate range.

I think I would have to call into question the motives of anyone who continues to post here that the bit rate of PA900 MP3's is 32Kbps. Perhaps working for a competitor? Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

BillyHank

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

I absolutely agree with you and as I pointed out in an earlier post, when I loaded my MP3 into my PC MP3 player, it shows a very high bit rate.

I also question the motives of the individual who continues to say that the Keyboard is useless and a complete disappointment to him/her because his player shows a very low bit rate.

Stupid is as stupid does - or something like that! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I still think a bit of explanation by Korg would be helpful because many folks make up their minds on what they read here and clearly stated facts by the manufacturer are always Welcome and definitive.

Bill G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: