Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a master piece
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
I won't be getting a KK until next year. I just bought an iPad 4th gen with 128 gig hard drive. It's more suited to what I need right now.

you secretely hope korg will launch a kingkorg app for 29$, don't you ?

Wink Wink
magikroom

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Got one Reply with quote

Well, even though I was not happy about a few things with the KK, I've just recently picked up one from Ebay, used at a very reasonable price, as well as a Kronos 73 at an insane price. So, having fun at the moment, not done much on the KK as there's so much to the Kronos.
Korg Kronos 73, KingKorg, Arp Odyssey, X5DR, Roland System 1m, Juno 6, JX-3P, JX-10, MKS-50, D10, Moog Sub Phatty, Novation Bass Station 2, DSI Prophet 08, Tetra, Analogue Solutions Telemark V2 and Leipzig-S, Nord Lead A1, Dreadbox Erebus, Waldorf Pulse, NI Maschine, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Arturia SparkLe, Beatstep, Spectrasonics Omnisphere U-HE Diva (Best Soft Synth ever) + other Softsynths
djcactus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one day you'll turn them both on at the same time and realize you get another 4 minutes of play time on your kk Laughing
magikroom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Kronos Reply with quote

djcactus wrote:
one day you'll turn them both on at the same time and realize you get another 4 minutes of play time on your kk Laughing

Haha... Very true, it does take its time to load up!
Korg Kronos 73, KingKorg, Arp Odyssey, X5DR, Roland System 1m, Juno 6, JX-3P, JX-10, MKS-50, D10, Moog Sub Phatty, Novation Bass Station 2, DSI Prophet 08, Tetra, Analogue Solutions Telemark V2 and Leipzig-S, Nord Lead A1, Dreadbox Erebus, Waldorf Pulse, NI Maschine, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Arturia SparkLe, Beatstep, Spectrasonics Omnisphere U-HE Diva (Best Soft Synth ever) + other Softsynths
Vlad_77

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering that they are both straight out synths, if anyone here has a Jupiter 80 and King Korg, does the King Korg compare favorably in terms of features, sounds, etc.? I have a Jupiter 80 and really love it, but the more I hear about the considerably less expensive King Korg, the more I'm attracted to it.

I know there a few demos of KK but I really would like to hear the thought of those who own both. The other thing of course is that while Kronos is harder to crack, I can't imagine that AL-1 couldn't cover KK ground - sans the tube of course.
Current gear: Kronos, Jupiter 80, Kurzweil PC3,Roland Fantom X8, Roland XV-88 (yep, its old, but the ACTION is heaven and those XV-3080 sounds are still wonderful for me), Radias-R, Motif ES (yeah it's older but I love the guitars Wink )
Scott
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vlad_77 wrote:
Considering that they are both straight out synths, if anyone here has a Jupiter 80 and King Korg, does the King Korg compare favorably in terms of features, sounds, etc.?

Well, the Jupiter 80 is not a straight out synth, it has the whole SuperNatural Acoustic section that has no real equivalent in the KK, but I guess it would be fair to compare just the Jupiter's SuperNatural Synth section to the KK, if that's what you mean. The overall architectures, available waveforms, types of filters, etc. are still very different from each other, though.

Vlad_77 wrote:
The other thing of course is that while Kronos is harder to crack, I can't imagine that AL-1 couldn't cover KK ground - sans the tube of course.

Not necessarily... see http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=81296
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the KingKorg and the JP80 are not comparable..........

JP80, excellent keybed, one of the best synth actions out there, KK just can't compare.

KK has knobs, you grab them and twist and these knobs always have the same function, the JP-80 just can't compare.

JP80, registration mode to live mode to single mode. This thing is a beast to tweak, (i know there is a cutoff freq control in there somewhere, just can't find it, oh s**t, the D-beam adjust the cutoff.)

KK is 1/3rd the price of the JP80, but probably 1/2 the functionality. KK is a good (better) value, if you don't need all the acoustic sounds.

I think the Motif still has better Guitar sounds, but the horns on the jp80 have no match except the real thing.

But my world is centered around the Kronos and the KK & JP are both just a little extra sounds and control surfaces to go along with it.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK or Electron Analog4 purchase?

There are really a load of other options around that price ($1200 usd) like a Moog Little Phatty. An iPad 4 is also very tempting though Androids and others are catching up rapidly.

I think the Elektron Analog4 has some great features - especially if driven by a midi controller or Kronos etc

I'm also out of room here unless I do a drastic clearout and rebuild the whole room.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ksynth wrote:

There are really a load of other options around that price ($1200 usd) like a Moog Little Phatty. An iPad 4 is also very tempting though Androids and others are catching up rapidly.

I think the Elektron Analog4 has some great features - especially if driven by a midi controller or Kronos etc

I'm also out of room here unless I do a drastic clearout and rebuild the whole room.

if you look at roomspace then the Analog4 is the most obvious choice.

The analog 4 sounds great, but it's limited to 4 voices, personally i prefer the kingkorg due to the filters which i think are absolutely stunning, they are stepless and modeled after known synths. I use the acid filter a lot, but also the oberheim and moog filter are really good on the king korg.

The analog 4 voice can exist of 2 oscillators and 2 sub oscs plus a noise osc. The king korg has 3 oscillators.

I wouldn't choose the little phatty, if moog is your choice then definitely checkout the moog sub phatty, personally i think the sub phatty is way better (soundwise) then the little phatty.

Ipad 4 is better then android for musicians at the moment, also the 5 percent cpu reservation on android for audio makes it a little less suitable for synth action. That will probably resolved in the future, but for now if you look at cpu power and amount and quality of musician apps then the ipad is the only serious choice in my opinion.
Ksynth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:
Ksynth wrote:

if you look at roomspace then the Analog4 is the most obvious choice.

The analog 4 sounds great, but it's limited to 4 voices, personally i prefer the kingkorg due to the filters which i think are absolutely stunning, they are stepless and modeled after known synths. I use the acid filter a lot, but also the oberheim and moog filter are really good on the king korg.

The analog 4 voice can exist of 2 oscillators and 2 sub oscs plus a noise osc. The king korg has 3 oscillators.

I wouldn't choose the little phatty, if moog is your choice then definitely checkout the moog sub phatty, personally i think the sub phatty is way better (soundwise) then the little phatty.

Ipad 4 is better then android for musicians at the moment, also the 5 percent cpu reservation on android for audio makes it a little less suitable for synth action. That will probably resolved in the future, but for now if you look at cpu power and amount and quality of musician apps then the ipad is the only serious choice in my opinion.

Thanks Qui, yes the KK filters are a huge attraction. And I could sell a few older keyboards or store them to make room.

I think the sub Phatty is now discontinued?
djcactus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sub phatty is the new moog, though i just cant justify getting something with a single voice, if I were in another financial situation maybe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: