Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with monotribe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coze

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Help with monotribe Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I´ve bought a monotribe, I really like it but I want to improve my musical arsenal, but I dont know what direction to take.

Well, my monotribe has Midi Out only (I´ve bought it thay way), I plug it in with a efects processor (line 6 pocket POD), but I kinda wanted to plug it to a keyboard aswell since its ribbon keyboard isn´t very useful specially for live purposes...

In conclusion... I have a Monotribe with Midi out, a line6 Pocket POD... I want to sync it with a keyboard (cheap) and I want to know the BPM (using SyncKontrol)

Can I do all that? With what I have? Should I use some software? I heard about Ableton Live... The only way is to have MIDI I/O?

Thank you very much in advance!
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would actually need MIDI IN to control it from another keyboard...you can probably still mod it to include MIDI IN or else have someone do it for you.

For the BPM I think there is an app from Korg that syncs with the tribe, but you'll need iOS, so you need to have an ipod/iphone/ipad.

Otherwise, you can still use the effects by going line out/headphones out into the effects unit.
Coze

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thank you!
Ill try to midi in it ,)
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are handy with electronics & soldering, you can work something out easily enough but the after-market kit from 'Amazing Machines' requires no solodering, just plug it in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: