Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cv gate connection help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreford

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: cv gate connection help Reply with quote

[i]l have modded my monotribe so that l have a usb connection and also can be powered by this. I want to use an external keyboard instead of using the ribbon and I have following some research purchased a cv gate in/out box and the cables suggested. l now need some guidence on the correct method of using the cv gate equipment properly. I have recently read that I may have to use the computer and software plugins to create a connection between the monotribe and a keyboard also such as expert sleepers software.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Using the USB on the monotribe you can control the Monotribe via MIDI. But as you indicate yourself, you will need both the monotribe and your external keyboard (e.g. using a usb-midi cable) hooked up to a pc. On the pc you need then some software to cross connect both MIDI ports-over-USB cables. I don't know this expert sleeper software, but another option can be MIDI-OX (http://www.midiox.com/). This one is free for personal use. Depending of the performance of USB, PC, MIDI-OX, you may experience some lagging behind on your playing. (Try it out)

You could also opt to install the monotribe mod which brings MIDI In/Out over the plain-old 5pin DIN connectors. That way you can connect your external keyboard immediately to the monotribe using a MIDI cable, without the PC in between.

Concerning monotribe control over CV/gate. You need to install OS v2.1 on your monotribe. Next to that you will need to prepare a mini stereo jack cable to put the CV and gate voltages on it. Refer to the KORG website on how to do and use it.

Success!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: