Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello all! Pa900 question.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddie_d

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'm experimenting with factory sounds - Sax - factory - Jazz Sax 1 DNC and Sax - factory - Jazz Sax 2 DNC. I tried doing as you said setting them at 0 but that is just Oscillator 1. Each of these sounds show 12 Oscillators each - and LFO 1 and 2 for each. These must be both recorded with vibrato because the vibrato speed is faster the higher the note played. Same with jazz sax 3. Now, Tenor Sax 1 DNC which is the 4th sound in the factory list for Sax has a vibrato that doesn't soeed up regardless of pitch. But, turning off the LFO 1 and 2 also has no effect on vibrato. It shows 11 oscillators each with LFO 1 and 2. I will try turning off all for each (all 24) and see what happens... nope, vibrato still very much there even after turning all oscillators LFO frequency to 0 value.
eddie_d

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried solo oscillator, turning all values for all 11 to 0 - no change - still vibrato. Man this is irritating.
eddie_d

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 8th sax now - so far I can't get any oscillator changes to have any effect whatsoever on vibrato. sometimes I do get only a breath sound and no note sounding but no vibrato change at all. Starting to think the Pa900 doesn't allow changes to vibrato.
eddie_d

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is ridiculous! Shame! On such a high feature keyboard as this I should be able to quickly turn off automatic vibrato and turn on after touch vibrato easily. Boom, and have artistic expressive control of these sounds. Crazy! Man, gotta' say I am frustrated. I hope someone can point me to a solution. Thanks to those who have tried. I appreciate the effort but so far nothing I have tried is having any effect whatsoever on vibrato.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not so much "sounds" you should be changing but the multisamples making up these sounds.
For instance go to Jazz Sax 1 DNC.
Menu. Basic, Osc Basic. For Osc 1 the Multisample 1 is currently #204 Tenor Sax mf vib (note the vib !!) Change #204 to something else like say #199 Baritone Sax mf. Do this for other Oscillators and you should be underway.
BillyHank

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eddie,

Save yourself a lot of hunt and pecking while looking for the sounds you want - go to page 335 and on to see each of the sample names and you will see the (vib) right there.

When all else fail RTM. Laughing

Bill G
eddie_d

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I've been all over the manual, just hadn't yet stumbled onto page 335 yet Smile

With 450 pages to go through it's easy to get lost. I start reading, get interested in something, and forget what I started looking for to begin with.
eddie_d

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay this may sound like a stupid question but how do I select a sample according to it's number shown there on page 335? All I see is the samples with all the effects added (CC00.CC32.PC). How do I select the raw sound to play?
BillyHank

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddie,

When in Sound -> OSC Basic page - the number is shown to the left of the multisample name, just highlite it and dial in the number you want.

Very fast and the names change too as you dial through the numbers.

Bill G
eddie_d

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've had some progress there. Not consistently working but sometimes. The "High" multisample doesn't change at all no matter what number I dial in. The "Low" does change though but I can only get no vibrato with certain key force and certain keyboard zones. Really, I don't think what I want to do is possible. It's no huge deal. I plan on just continuing to play wind instruments on my WX5/VL70-m anyway but it would be kinda' nice to do some things on this keyboard sometimes too and NOT have that annoying droning automatic toyish sounding vibrato. I still think it's a goof on Korg's part to not address this issue specifically.

Having said that I still love this instrument for all the MANY things it DOES do and DOES allow you to control so beautifully. Cool
BillyHank

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I was able to get the Sax voice vib free in about 2 minutes flat.

I will be 80 in 4 weeks - sorry didn't mean to embarrass you if you are younger. Wink
eddie_d

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it vibrato free at certain key pressure levels and certain zones just not consistently so. ha ha No worries. At 49 I've learned a great deal of electronic music equipment but am a Korg novice so I certainly don't know many tricks and just very few basics.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The "High" multisample doesn't change at all no matter what number I dial in.

This is because it switches from Low to High at a certain velocity level so that if you are not playing hard enough the High is not coming in. The switch level is just over halfway down the page in the Osc Basic tab.
eddie_d

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity... Is there software (PC) available to compare/edit/save/store sounds via the USB connection?
eddie_d

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well, thank you for all the helpful advice. Got me diving into it a little deeper.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: