Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fastest way to create a multisample

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Fastest way to create a multisample Reply with quote

Hi all,

I found this website where you can buy all kinds of "retro" organ sounds (Vox, Gibson, Farfisa, ...) for only 56$:
http://www.vintagekeyboardsounds.com/
They simply send you a bunch of ZIP files over yousendit.com which contain .wav samples for several nice instruments.

I already figured out how I can load these into the memory, and how I can create "indexes" to map each sample in a multisample key. But this has proven a very time-consuming repetitive task. It has given me neck aches!

I'm looking for a faster/simpler way to do this. I was thinking of creating soundfonts on my PC with sampler software and then importing the SF2 to Kronos... Unfortunately, I didn't find a program that allows me to do this (and is free).

Does anyone have a solution ??
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked this out. Good solid patches for both Farfisa and Vox plus a bunch of other vintage keys ready to play on your Kronos. Whole set is free and courtesy of fellow Korg Forums contributor, William Busch.
http://thekronosblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/reeds-tapes-and-transistors.html
Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
soundspossible

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out http://sourceforge.net/projects/polyphone/ which is free and let's you create soundfonts from individual samples fairly easily. I haven't actually imported any of these into the Kronos yet, but I assume it'll work like any other soundfont.

I also have those vintage keyboard samples, and I imported the Gibson G101 into my Kronos (via the hard way before I found Polyphone). The Vox samples didn't meet my needs, but the G101, Farfisa, and Elka were all good. I will email DJ and see if he would make my Kronos programs available for buyers of his set.
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phatbuzz: Oops, too late! already bought the sample pack Smile
Thanks for the link, will check it out!!

I've tried Polyphone, but it doesn't really make things faster as you still need to configure the note range for each sample. I was kind of hoping for simply drag 'n drop to the proper note...
neomad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A list of tools for sound fonts here

http://musescore.org/en/node/13734

Swami seems to be very good !
mathieumaes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally found a program that detects key mappings based on filenames:
http://www.maz-sound.com/

This got me pretty far. Some of the banks use descending numeric filenames. I'll have to do those manually, but most of them have been converted to SF2. Will import them in my Kronos soon!
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use extreme sample converter for sampling & looping and awave studio for creating kronos-ready, fully mapped samples. I can't recommend these two programs enough.
sunriser111671

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@BillW

I'm intrigued by Awave Studio, but I'm curious:

Does the soft correctly create KMP and/or PCG files correctly for the Kronos?

In looking at the website info on file formats, it only mentions formats for Trinity, Triton, and M3, but not Kronos. Since the website mentions differences among the synth types, I'm wondering if you successfully created Kronos-ready PCG or KMPs.

Thanks!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KMPs and KSFs are forwards compatible. I'm using a few that I created previously with awave studio on my Kronos with no problem.

AFAIK there is no real PCG support. You need to program your sounds on the K itself.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
The KMPs and KSFs are forwards compatible. I'm using a few that I created previously with awave studio on my Kronos with no problem.

AFAIK there is no real PCG support. You need to program your sounds on the K itself.

Exactly! Awave lets you do the tedious zoning/mapping work for multisamples on a computer rather than the Kronos screen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: