Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I change a style to 2/4 rather than 4/4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: How do I change a style to 2/4 rather than 4/4 Reply with quote

I am using a 4/4 style at a slow tempo, 48, so if I leave a full bar between verses it's a long gap. Is there a way I can change the style to play exactly the same but in twice the number of bars, ie splitting each 4/4 bar in 2. That way, if I leave a bar between verses it would be half the time.

Since I am using all the variations and the Pa900 does not have dedicated fill buttons I can't change one of them to a half bar.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: How do I change a style to 2/4 rather than 4/4 Reply with quote

PraiseTheLord wrote:
I am using a 4/4 style at a slow tempo, 48, so if I leave a full bar between verses it's a long gap. Is there a way I can change the style to play exactly the same but in twice the number of bars, ie splitting each 4/4 bar in 2. That way, if I leave a bar between verses it would be half the time.

Since I am using all the variations and the Pa900 does not have dedicated fill buttons I can't change one of them to a half bar.

Search the forums with ""change style meter" 'search all terms' and you will find some juicy discussions. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Re: How do I change a style to 2/4 rather than 4/4 Reply with quote

PraiseTheLord wrote:

You can have a style with multiple time signatures, but you can not have more than one time signature per Element, meaning Var 1 can either be 4/4 or 2/4.....Nonetheless, you can program Var 2 (or whatever) to be in 2/4...

So maybe you can use that variation to play Chorus, or that section of the song....That would be a Song-specific type of style.

If you just need 1 bar in 2/4, you can also program a 1 bar fill that's in 2/4.

What song are you trying to play?

PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tune is Greensleeves, the song is a Christmas carol called What Child Is This. It's actually a 6/8 piece; Yamaha created a style called GreenFantasia which is perfect for it. I have a conversion which I use on my Pa900.

I see in the manual that you cannot change the meter when there is something in the element, perhaps I need to create a new style at 2/4 and copy the elements over. I'll give that a try.

This is a new world for me!
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PraiseTheLord wrote:
The tune is Greensleeves, the song is a Christmas carol called What Child Is This. It's actually a 6/8 piece; Yamaha created a style called GreenFantasia which is perfect for it. I have a conversion which I use on my Pa900.

I see in the manual that you cannot change the meter when there is something in the element, perhaps I need to create a new style at 2/4 and copy the elements over. I'll give that a try.

This is a new world for me!

It's really easy to do this in an external sequencer.

You can easily use a 3/8 style to play"What child is this" . This will solve all your problems.

Once an element is recorded or imported, you're not allowed to change the TS. Adding or removing a bar won't help. You would need to record it one more time with the new TS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: