Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D3200 and LCD quality

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pavlii

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: D3200 and LCD quality Reply with quote

Hi all, newbie to this forum so first question here Smile I did not find any similar topic here. Well I had bought an used D3200 from eBay and my question is very simple: is the LCD picture quality like THIS normal or is this some sign of really used LCD? If I buy a brand new spare LCD part and interchange it will I give the result like THIS or not?

I know about the solution of adding the interface for external monitor (2seemy) but due to the purposes I have my D3200 for I do not want to apply this. The LCD is USD 170 (plus postage & customs) so nothing really cheap for me if it has no impact I suppose (really more contrast of the LCD).

Checking a lot of D3200 pictures on the web it looks like the poor LCD contrast is something "common" to all of them - or not?

Many thanx for any answer which helps me Smile

Pavel

http://www.studiokappka.cz Skype: studio_kappka
home recording: Cubase VST/32 5.2 & C5/6.5/7, WaveLab 4 & 6/7
Dynaudio BM6 + A500, Yamaha DSP Factory, Yamaha AW2400, Yamaha MOTIF ES 8
pavlii

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: :-( Reply with quote

Bump..!

Nobody with D3200 can tell me if the contrast of buit-in LCD is that poor quality regardless of LCD age or may the new LCD panel solve this and the picture will be near the second picture I had linked..?

A bit surprise then..... Rolling Eyes

P.

StudioF

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a contrast knob next to the screen. did you try that?

LCD CONTRAST knob
This knob adjusts the contrast of the LCD screen.
The appearance of the LCD screen may differ depending on your viewing angle, so adjust the contrast using this knob for the best visibility. Turning this knob toward the right will make the text
darker, and toward the left will make the text lighter.
pavlii

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: :-D Reply with quote

Hey man - well I am really NOT what probably 99% users of any forum are. Cool In that way I have to say: good try but I expected to know something I did not know Wink
But answer to your question is: yes I had tried it (of course).

Well - looking through many pics of D3200 I think this is common to all models so I will not spending more time about that (it is not so important to me as I use this KORG just as a recorder only for out-of-my-studio purposes).

Regards, Pavel

StudioF

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok pavlii.
i didnt asume that you were dumb, but we all have the tendency to overlook the simplest solution. it happend to me once that i overlooked a contrast knob myself ( long time ago)

regards
StudioF
pavlii

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: :-D Reply with quote

Yeeeep..!! I supposed that but even if - I am always thinking "how it is possible anybody can tell RIGHT ME so basic info..." Very Happy Maybe I should stop moderating those few forums I do actually Wink hehh.

I had found anyway some - maybe working - solution which shall at least make the LCD contrast better: the LCD polarizer from 3D Lens. Not the best but maybe better (I tried the result with standard photo-polarizer-filter and there are some results...). For B/W LCDs there is P100A/P200A. Maybe this info is useful for someone....

Regards, Pavel

valveamps_com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: d3200 lcd Reply with quote

I have just purchased a D3200 lcd and backlight sounds easier than changing the backlicht...has anyone else replaced the complete LCD assy...is there anything I should watch out for dissasembly and assembly I am an electronics eng
phil55

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea the LCD on the D3200 is really bad, but this is normal to it, unfortunately.

I have one.

It's a great standalone recorder except I wished it had dedicated aux fx sends and receives.

I read somewhere that there's a kit one can use to put an outboard monitor to the D3200 which is suppose to help. Some people have put a magnifier glass on it too. Having a M3 and a Kronos, I occasionally touch it without thinking and then realize it needs the cursor.

Here's a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paNP2C-asT8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: