Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interest in Android App that could export MS Bank?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you buy an Android synthesizer app that exports in Microsampler Bank Format.
1-High ( I would pay $1.50 USD).
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
2-Medium ( I might pay $.99 USD)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3-Low (I would if it were free)
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

loraxman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Interest in Android App that could export MS Bank? Reply with quote

Would there be any interest in the community in an Android synthesizer / sound construction app that could export sounds in Microsampler bank format?

If so would there be interest in purchasing it for $1.50 US from Google Play and Amazon app market?

If I get enough interest, I will put one together.

Thanks for you help.
electrochrisso

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If so would there be interest in purchasing it for $1.50 US from Google Play and Amazon app market?

Sure would, what type of sounds could be created, what would be the minimum Android setup, would it work with my htc XL One phone, and would the sounds be exported to MS via the PC. Question
loraxman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the sounds might be typically what could be produced by a classic monosynth (like a MiniMoog), but any hybrid type synth is possible. Basically adjust knobs, sliders,etc till you find a sound you like and then map that over the MicroSampler keys.

Minimum is probably Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread). It would definitely work on HTC One. You could off load the MS bank from the phone to you PC and then just use the Korg utility to load up on MS.

How does that sound? What types of sound construction do you think would be interesting?
electrochrisso

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, I think the classic analog settings would be good, to keep things simple, and focus on the quality of the sound.
Also it would be a must to be able to listen to the sound, at least three octaves worth, on the Android device while creating, until the desired result, otherwise it will be a real pain.
Why not post some specifications of what could be achieved, this might get more people interested, I am surprised there seems to be a lack of response on this.
Cubilas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was a way to connect the microSampler directly to an Android or iPad device, maybe an Editor/Librarian style app for either, that would be unbelievably cool.

Great idea, !

I would easily pay $9.99 for an iPad version of the editor/librarian software. This would bring so much to the portability of the MicroSAMPLER.

If Korg got the drivers sorted out, I believe it could be done using the Apple Camera Connection Kit. At the moment, USB with the CCK only works as MIDI IN/OUT (which is way cool as it is!)

Now that the MicroSAMPLER is no longer listed on their site (and they have stopped producing & selling them), I see this as something that will never happen. Unless someone who worked on the drivers/software decides to put the code together themselves (like JJ did with JJOS for the MPC).

Exclamation If anyone has contact with any of the original developers of the MicroSAMPLER editor/librarian or the drivers for data transfer, let me know! I would love to help code an app for this great sampler. Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: