Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Impressive organs.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djcactus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Impressive organs. Reply with quote

As the title says, I've noticed this forum hasn't quite taken off like some of us may want to see it so here i go.

Okay, I understand the Kronos just got a big upgrade in the organ department but it doesn't mean we cant make sweet organs with the palette we've picked out.

I noticed in many of the organ patches that other waveforms were put in to make the different flavors (obviously)

But this is a great starting point for making your own new organs. You can take any base organ sounds and add, for example, a sine wave.

From here you can bump that one sine up an octave and from here i patched it to my midi slider on my keystation pro 88. This is great because ive just created my first draw bar.

I also noticed the cool dwgs oscillators in some of the original programs so i tried those out too with great results.

Short but sweet post, just trying to get the ball rolling, i had a blast making hundreds of organ sounds with these few building blocks/ideas.

edit: dwgs***
djcactus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oi, this is what I'm talking about, anyone else have any neat revelations pertaining to KK workflows or sounds?
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Impressive organs" - is this another Organ Joke? Like the comments I used to get all of the time from the other guys in the band as we were moving the Hammond: "Gee, your organ sure is big!"..."Do you always need help with your organ?"...and from the "chick singer": "Why don't you just put wheels on it?"...etc., etc...

df
djcactus

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dfahrner wrote:
"Impressive organs" - is this another Organ Joke? Like the comments I used to get all of the time from the other guys in the band as we were moving the Hammond: "Gee, your organ sure is big!"..."Do you always need help with your organ?"...and from the "chick singer": "Why don't you just put wheels on it?"...etc., etc...

df

luckily for you this keyboard is so light you could twirl it on your finger, though i really mean it. I came up with some really good organ sounds, seeing as my old wurlitzer isn't entirely functional anymore, its been a great alternative.(Better in just about every case, with the exception of the built in leslies)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: