Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Radias / R3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: PCG Tools for Radias / R3 Reply with quote

Maybe some of you heard of PCG Tools ... it is a free librarian (and more) application for Korg synthesizers. You can read more information about it at: http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl.

I'm checking the interest to support other synths and the the synth of this thread comes into my mind.

So my question is: Would you be interested in this application supporting your synth?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/

Last edited by michelkeijzers on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
webas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: PCG Tools for Radias / R3 Reply with quote

i'm gonna try this!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not yet implemented ... even the feasibility 'analysis' has not been done.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radias' and its kin has a reasonable librarian editor already. AFAIK it's nothing like PCG though.

What kind of features do you imagine implementing for it?
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
Radias' and its kin has a reasonable librarian editor already. AFAIK it's nothing like PCG though.

It depends a bit … if only programs (and no combos) are present on a Radias (didn't check it yet), it will be not that much beside:
- editing program names
- creating patch list
- creating summary list
- moving programs up/down
- copy programs from one file to another

If a file only contains one program, than support for PCG Tools would be almost nothing.

If combos are also present on a Radias, the same functionality as for any other synth that has programs/combis should be possible.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:

It depends a bit … if only programs (and no combos) are present on a Radias (didn't check it yet), it will be not that much beside:
- editing program names
- creating patch list
- creating summary list
- moving programs up/down
- copy programs from one file to another

If a file only contains one program, than support for PCG Tools would be almost nothing.

If combos are also present on a Radias, the same functionality as for any other synth that has programs/combis should be possible.

X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Radias at least, you have Programs. Each program contains up to four timbres (or one can be a drum kit).

So the programs are a bit like combis. Except that the timbre parameter data is stored along with the program.

In the editor and on the device one of the useful features is being able to swap/copy timbres between programs.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
In the Radias at least, you have Programs. Each program contains up to four timbres (or one can be a drum kit).

So the programs are a bit like combis. Except that the timbre parameter data is stored along with the program.

In the editor and on the device one of the useful features is being able to swap/copy timbres between programs.

I understand, but this might be a bit too specific (for other synths)... if I would implement a lot of synth-specific features, more generic features useful to everybody, would have to wait. But I will put it then on the wishlist.

Sparker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michel: The Korg Radias Editor does pretty much all those functions. I use the editor for all my programming on the Radias as I find it quicker and easier to use than the synth for program management and Combi building ...
The editor will work as a stand alone program and can be downloaded from Korg Support (Radias-R section), so you could check out how it works and see what PCG Tools could add to it.

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparker wrote:
Michel: The Korg Radias Editor does pretty much all those functions. I use the editor for all my programming on the Radias as I find it quicker and easier to use than the synth for program management and Combi building ...
The editor will work as a stand alone program and can be downloaded from Korg Support (Radias-R section), so you could check out how it works and see what PCG Tools could add to it.

Thanks for the reply ... Ihaven't tried to install the editor for Radias. I tried the microKorg editor but that only works when a real microKorg is connected which I don't have (like the Radias).

I'm sure PCG Tools has some extra features, but the Korg editor has (more) that PCG Tools don't have.

Also it will depending on the format of the .r3l/.r3d files IF I can add support.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a poll at
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=593472#593472 ... please leave a message (or respond to this email) if you want PCG Tools support for your synth!

PCG Tools is a free librarian / list generator, see more info at http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: