Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Electribe
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: PCG Tools for Electribe Reply with quote

I am the developer of PCG Tools, which is a free application for managing PCG files. More info can be found at http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl.

Currently I support a variety of workstations/synths, like Kronos, Oasys, M3, M50, Kross, Krome, Triton, Karma, Trinity etc.

Would anybody be interested in such free software for the Electribe?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
_INTER_

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested yeah. Wink
But I didn't quite understand what the tool can do. Especially regarding the EMX. The files that can be loaded into and from the Electribes are in .emx / .esx format. They include bank, pattern, fx, motion and sample (esx) information. Can those files be edited?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_INTER_ wrote:
I'd be interested yeah. Wink
But I didn't quite understand what the tool can do. Especially regarding the EMX. The files that can be loaded into and from the Electribes are in .emx / .esx format. They include bank, pattern, fx, motion and sample (esx) information. Can those files be edited?

I don't know anything about the .emx/.esx format ... can you please mail me with some of those files so I can take a look?

PCG Tools can be used (if I can find out how the format works) to:
- change the name of the programs (probably bank content)
- create a list of them in text, html or csv/excel format
- move programs up/down.
- copy programs from one bank to another or from one file to another file (as long as they both are from Electribe).
- and possibly some other goodies.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested as well Smile
_INTER_

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- change the name of the programs (probably bank content)
- create a list of them in text, html or csv/excel format
- move programs up/down.

It'd be really cool if you could make that work. I've tried to open the files myselfe once, neither .zip nor editor works. I really hope you got more insight and luck than me. Wink It's a pain right now to rearrange the patterns.

Here some files for EMX:
EMX1SD.EMX (factory preset)
UK_BASS.EMX

For ESX:
ESXSD_Factory.zip (including the .ESX file, factory preset)
TAMA.ESX (by Balma)
revo nize

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a great idea, i'm pretty sure that every emx user will find such an editor very, very useful. arranging / transfering patterns between banks is a hellova job now. i wish u the best in developing that software, mate!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I'm only talking about programs, patterns are very specific for the Electribe.

X-Trade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
I'm afraid I'm only talking about programs, patterns are very specific for the Electribe.

In the Electribe, pattern and sound settings alike are all stored in a slot.

So you have your set of sound parameters and step sequencer data, and then you can seamlessly change to another entirely different set of sounds and sequence data by turning the program (pattern) knob.
Basically a program IS a pattern.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation ... when I have enough information about the files, I will check what is the result and what I can get out of it.

button

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also check out Open Electribe Editor, a program that allows one to edit esx files. I've found OEE to be frustrating, especially with preset info regarding sample looping for the keyboard parts. have to go in and manually set the loop start and stop when they should be predetermined to loop already. Plus teh whole interface is unintuitive/confusing.

http://skratchdot.com/projects/open-electribe-editor/
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

button wrote:
also check out Open Electribe Editor, a program that allows one to edit esx files. I've found OEE to be frustrating, especially with preset info regarding sample looping for the keyboard parts. have to go in and manually set the loop start and stop when they should be predetermined to loop already. Plus teh whole interface is unintuitive/confusing.

http://skratchdot.com/projects/open-electribe-editor/

I will check it o ut when I will start analyzing the Electribe files in detail.

Sparker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'd like PCG Tools for the ESX. Smile

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently busy with microKorg, but I'm sure (some day), the Electribe will be added too ... I will post it here when available.

djcactus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad you have taken an interest in the electribe, it would be great to have something that can organize my samples and make a .esx file and actually work. The esx editor that is out there gives me hit and miss results, usually missing when i need it most.

Although i dont think this is the direction you were going to take.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djcactus wrote:
Im glad you have taken an interest in the electribe, it would be great to have something that can organize my samples and make a .esx file and actually work. The esx editor that is out there gives me hit and miss results, usually missing when i need it most.

Although i dont think this is the direction you were going to take.

I'm afraid PCG Tools mainly focusses on programs/combis, not about samples. So the .esx format is something for a (very) far future.

However, I hope PCG Tools can do some useful things for you anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: