Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick Question about Original Value LED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
somenick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Quick Question about Original Value LED Reply with quote

Hi All!!
I have an MS2000 and I just added a microKorg to my collection, which I got 2nd hand. So here is my question... Very Happy

On the MS2000, any time you tweak a knob it enables the display of the Original Value LED for that particular parameter.
BUT Smile ...on this microKORG I have purchased, the Original Value LED does not react to changes to the Cutoff, Resonance, Attack, Release and Tempo knobs.
It does react to everything else, so it is actually working, sort of?

I would like to know, is this normal for a microKORG? Is something wrong or am I doing something wrong?? THANKIES!!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that is because of those controls being quick 'grab them' performance overrides. e.g. the attack affects both Amp EG and Filter EG attack so you can probably never get it back to how it was. They are like macro controllers.

It should work as you expect just when going through edit pages (with the edit select knob) though.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
somenick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi X-Trade thanks so much for replying. I don't really understand what you are telling entirely. I know that when I turn the "edit select" switches, I can choose the original values for the parameters in there using the Original Value LEDs.

But, from the microKorg manual - "If you want to return parameters to their original values, turn knobs 1-5 so that the Original Value LED is lit." Knobs 1-5 are the ones I am referring to. Doesn't that sound like they should light up the LED when in the original position?

Let me explain a bit more clearly. When I change the patch, the new sound starts as the original values that are stored. If knobs 1-5 are not sitting in their original value positions, as soon as you touch any of knobs 1-5, the sound suddenly jumps and changes to the position they are in.

From there you cannot find the original value again. You CAN do that on the MS2000, because the LED works for every knob. Now can you or anyone tell me, isn't my microKorg faulty then? Surprised) CHEERS!!
jc44

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi somenick,

Did you find any answer on that?
I'm wondering too if it's possible to avoid those sudden jumps while in "Performance Edit" mode.

Thanks!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The manual states that the original value led does not work in performance edit mode... It's indeed a pity.
The sudden jumps can not really be avoided, neither in performance edit mode nor in paramater editing mode as the mK does not support the catch mode for the knobs.
This issue is addressed in the mkXL(+).

Have fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: