Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microSampler's midi clock out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevestrange

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: microSampler's midi clock out Reply with quote

hi,

has anyone successfully used the MS as Midi-Clock master, syncing other gear to it?

it seems like the MS is sending out a constant Midi-Clock, and starting/stopping the sequencer doesn't send out a Midi-Start or Midi-Stop command.

so for example, i have Midi-out from the MS to the Midi-In on a DSI Evolver. MS set to send Midi-clock, DSI set to sync to ext-Midi-clock. as soon as the Midi cable is connected, the DSI's sequencer starts - if i change the tempo, the DSI's tempo changes accordingly... start/stopping the MS's sequencer doesn't do anything on the DSI... so they're running at the same tempo, but not synced

before i dig into this any deeper, i just wanted to know if anyone else has successfully used MS as the master Midi-Clock

thx, jason
johnschwarz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the same problem:
tempo is synced (tap tempo changes the slaves')
channels are synced (can play slaves' synths)
but the start/stop does not initiate anything... real lame.

emailed korg bros abt it, but no answer yet (probably cause of seasonal stuffs).
stevestrange

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably not just seasonal - probably because the product's dead. unfortunately....
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when you press start on the MS sequencer, does it at least start quantized to it's own tempo? If it does that, then there's at least an option of manually switching on an external sequencer after the MS begins.
stevestrange

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
So when you press start on the MS sequencer, does it at least start quantized to it's own tempo? If it does that, then there's at least an option of manually switching on an external sequencer after the MS begins.

to answer your question - yes. but your chances of getting that right are slim. to think of trying to pull that off live (which it seems from a previous post that you are) is sure fire failure.

i have never used a piece of Midi gear that sends out a constant Midi clock whether the sequencer is playing or not. that is a serious design flaw... something that i suspect could be fixed with an OS update, but likely won't
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevestrange wrote:
Re-Member wrote:

to answer your question - yes. but your chances of getting that right are slim. to think of trying to pull that off live (which it seems from a previous post that you are) is sure fire failure.

i have never used a piece of Midi gear that sends out a constant Midi clock whether the sequencer is playing or not. that is a serious design flaw... something that i suspect could be fixed with an OS update, but likely won't

Finally got a microSAMPLER and have had success syncing a Korg R3's modulation sequencer and arpeggiator to it. The moment I press play on the mS, the R3's mod and arp cycles both restart themselves to match the beat.
Pehr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
Finally got a microSAMPLER and have had success syncing a Korg R3's modulation sequencer and arpeggiator to it. The moment I press play on the mS, the R3's mod and arp cycles both restart themselves to match the beat.

how?
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Routed the microSAMPLER's MIDI OUT to R3's MIDI IN with a standard MIDI cable, then set the R3's clock source "EXT MIDI"

As someone pointed out, the microSAMPLER sends out a constant clock signal, but it resends this signal when you press PLAY on the sequencer so that the gear you're slaving gets quantized.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
sts

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Member wrote:
Didn't do anything out of the ordinary. Routed the microSAMPLER's MIDI OUT to R3's MIDI IN with a standard MIDI cable, then set the R3's clock source "EXT MIDI"

As someone pointed out, the microSAMPLER sends out a constant clock signal, but it resends this signal when you press PLAY on the sequencer so that the gear you're slaving gets quantized.

Hi,

Ok i understand but here when i play the sequencer mine EMX sequencer doesnt restart to quantize... the problem is really with the sequencer from my modular system just have midi in so the only way is microsampler has master Sad How you do that?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: