Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How would I go about programming a Toy Piano sound?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingace

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: How would I go about programming a Toy Piano sound? Reply with quote

I love those little toy pianos and have used them in recordings before but haven't had access to the real "toy" in many years. I keep hoping I'll find a keyboard that has that sound. I tried to make one with my Krome, but was wondering if it was possible on the King?
synthguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this is a popular topic. Wink

Toy piano can be made easily using a square wave for the basic tone, but then you need some more square waves tuned up a seventh and an oct+7th - and 2 oct+7th if possible, and mixed to taste to get that unique tone of the little metal tine. Detune the upper harmonic squares from the fundamental square to get that ringing effect, and use very light filter and decay. I don't have a KK handy to see if that's possible without layering patches, but this is how you do it.

Edit: just peeked at the manual, and it does offer octave squares in the oscillator itself, though the upper octave might be a little strong mixed full volume, but give that a shot for the upper 7th squares.
flyingace

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks! That will also help me learn a little more synthesis along the way, even better! I'll let you know what I come up with!
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KingKorg has actual piano and bell samples available. Some filtering and EQing might be all you need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: