Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gadget feature request
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danimal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:08 am    Post subject: Gadget feature request Reply with quote

This is probably planned, but I'd really like to see the keys/pads respond to being triggered in the panel view - drum pads could light up when triggered, for example. An advantage to this is being able to visually see which pads haven't been used yet on play back.

I already have enjoyed how intuitive and functional this app is. Great work!

-
Dan
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other things needed:

-Sampler (or some gadget to import user sounds and clips)
-Undo Function - this is very very much needed! Would encourage even more experimentation
-Landscape mode (if only for the synths - I completely understand and acknowledge portrait view being needed for the sequencing and mixing)
-Global effects besides Reverb

Will add more as I think of them!
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another feature requested-

Say you have Scene 1 playing, but you're editing scene 2. There should be a way to switch to Scene 2 quickly without going back to the main/mix screen.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update requested -

There should be a Function Button that lets you toggle between normal Scene Play (ie, all tracks in a scene play) and Grid Play (a mode similar to Ableton where you can select tracks from different scenes to play)
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The master volume control needs automation for fade in and fade out.
djushi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-"normal" sequence type for arranging like in other DAWs like Cubase/Logic will be great
-insert fx in channels (with sidechaing...Laughing)
-more send fx
-audio channel support
bog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg, please add a streamlined version of Electribe SX sampler/microsampler in there with loop slicing and timestretch. Thanks!
bog

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can add and vote for feature requests in the official Korg Gadget community site: https://korgapp.zendesk.com/hc/communities/public/topics/200037165-KORG-Gadget-community

"This is a KORG Gadget user community where "users help users". KORG app development team will also monitor this community to improve KORG Gadget in future updates. Please post your questions and ideas"
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a sticky feature where the sequencer remembers when you zoom in, so you don't have to keep doing this every time you go back into a take/track.
alien_brain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id like a way to specify the changeover method from one scene to another scene. id like to 'write patch to sequence', id like to resample to a sampler gadget, id like to put a resonant filter on any gadget. more but i cant be arsed to remember
Tron24

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Sample Import Reply with quote

Please add a Sample Import Function!
It would be so great, if i could import Samples into:

London
Amsterdam
or
Kiev (i gues that could be very interesting)

and a special Sampler Instrument, that woud be perfect.
But anyway - Gadget is a Great Thing!
Kcearl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midi export pulleeez!
ecamburn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djushi wrote:
-"normal" sequence type for arranging like in other DAWs like Cubase/Logic will be great

IMO Gadget's vertical sequencer ala Ableton Live's session view is very conducive to extending the timeline and not getting trapped in "loopitis"

Smile

Other feature requests

*Importing samples into London would be awesome
*Filter in every module
*Insert FX
*Not really a feature request but... In main screen when copying and pasting midi from one cell to another target cells should be labeled "paste" instead of copy. Smile
*When editing velocity, a better way of distinguishing between notes that strike at the same time.
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest wish for the Korg Gadget which I just bought, is for a Live Performance Mode. Sort of like a Combi mode like on the Trinity that will allow us players to switch between patches easily. Also, to be able to have this Live Performance Mode in Landscape view where we can see the entire Gadget on the whole screen or maybe several gadgets and where one can switch patches easily as well. I am planning to use Gadget live with a Midi controller and being able to do that would really make it a whole lot easier. So when one wants to work in the original composer view, then that would work in portrait view, but right now we are stuck in portrait view that really sucks, cuase my stand will not work in that mode, so i have to remove the ipad from it. Also, if get another stand, then the cable will either be on the bottom for the line out or the lighting connector. So for live Performance mode, landscape is a must please Korg?

Thanks for Korg Gadget, I really like it so much! keep up the great work Korg!
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another request would be to be able to PIN the patch list just like it on the Trinity, so one can switch patches and have it pinned when playing live.
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: