Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you Korg for Gadget !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sm7x7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:01 am    Post subject: Thank you Korg for Gadget !!! Reply with quote

Thanks for the AMAZING app!!! That's what I have been waiting for years!
Some questions though. I guess the implementation of Audiobus and Inter-App Audio is just a matter of time. But how about landscape view? I'm using my iPad Mini w/Ret with Griffin's StudioConnect interface, and there is not convenient to have only portrait view of the app. Really appreciate any info. Thanks again!

Sergey
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan of portrait view here either . It is a really pain in the arse when hooked up to the lightning connector.
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Thank you Korg for Gadget !!! Reply with quote

sm7x7 wrote:
Thanks for the AMAZING app!!! That's what I have been waiting for years!
Some questions though. I guess the implementation of Audiobus and Inter-App Audio is just a matter of time. But how about landscape view? I'm using my iPad Mini w/Ret with Griffin's StudioConnect interface, and there is not convenient to have only portrait view of the app. Really appreciate any info. Thanks again!

Sergey

Unfortunately I do not foresee landscape view being implemented. Given the way this app is (Sequencer on top/synth module on bottom), it'd be a tight squeeze. You'd probably have to sacrifice many functions and then would it even be worth it?
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a griffin studio connect last week. you can fiddle around and use this in portrait mode or even set to the side or on top of the griffin unit. I plan on getting the app later so will have to see.
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this thing has amazing deep lush sounds. Incredible for this price. My M50 could stand some of this sonic rush even.. I am only using headphones now because it is late but will try again in the morning with my PA speakers. Now I have to start working on recording processes.

Tutorials Please??????
roblabs
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I bought the app this morning - messed with it for about 20 min on the train. And I'm with you both now - landscape mode is needed. At the top of the screen theres a toggle to hide the synth. So it'd be nice to include the functionality for landscape. the Synths are great! but being that they take up only the bottom portion of the screen, a lot of the sliders and buttons are too small.

Also, the app itself is for the most part pretty intuitive, as most korg apps and products are, so a big plus on that. Theres a manual to check out in the upper right corner.

I wonder if you can save your own presets on the gadgets? So far wasn't able to find that. Will check again tonite when I jump back on.
conundrum

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
...I wonder if you can save your own presets on the gadgets?...

On most gadgets, touch the "sound program" lcd. On the rompler, click the "user" tab.
PhilW

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Korg for the Gadget! It is not perfect but for a first release, it is really excellent and some of the sounds and modules are amazing! I'm having a blast.
alien_brain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice software! im loving it right out the box!

wish i could play me own samples tho. also would like to configure clip trigger type, write patch to pattern, all notes off, midi output etc
grahamguitarman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep a landscape mode is desperately needed, even if it meant just having the synthesiser in landscape mode then switching to the current view when you rotate to portrait mode. Autorotate is a very useful way to have multiple views that switch quickly.

As it stands the keyboard is just too cramped in the portrait view.

And yes, this is an awesome app - I can't wait to see where it goes - maybe some Moog style goodness ? or an FM synth Smile
Kcearl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better features before more gadgets would be my wish

Great app anyway
neomad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Midi out soon ?
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neomad wrote:
Midi out soon ?
not until a future update.
MusiKman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big time, landscape is needed if one is to use it for Live playing on stage, which is how i plan to use it. Of course for composing also, but for a LIVE performance mode that would rock! And to be able to see the whole gadget cover the entire screen would be great in landscape mode. Please Korg?
"I know the plans that I have for you, declares the LORD. They are plans for peace and not disaster, plans to give you a future filled with hope." Then you will call to me. You will come and pray to me, and I will hear you. "When you look for me,you will find me. When you wholeheartedly seek me, I will let you find me, declares the Lord." Jeremiah 29:11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg - Apple iPad Software Section All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: