Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comunity Project – Orchestral Sounds.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
I'll be happy to contribute in whatever (limited) way I can.

Even if it's just metaphorically bringing the geniuses amongst us tea and scones to help their creative endeavours.

Seedy- for us Americans it would preferrably be coffee and donuts. Preferably Starbucks coffee!
kaptainkeyboard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys
Sorry for coming in late to this discussion....I'm an old guy and a Kronos Newbie, so forgive me if I'm breaking any rules by posting additional sounds rather than creating program's from the current sample set.
As an addition to the current sample set, the Orchestral Strings, in the hands of you Guru guys out there, should add some texture to your Combinations and I would be most interested to see (hear) what you do with them as part of my learning process.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cxjcp6fol5yr452/HhD-WVkDHm
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sharp, I am looking forward to this. I downloaded the 4 compressed files last night and need to know where I should put them on the Kronos disk, inside Korg Options? or to the root of the SSD. For example, I have two folders in the root of the disk, Factory and Korg Options, should I just paste the "ORCHESTR" folder from my thumb drive to the root? Then my root would be like:

Factory
Korg Options
ORCHESTR

or is Korg Options just for the Expansions from Korg?

Then there is Gamblers expanded version of your Orchestral set, found here> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=88665

Should I just install that one?
Casio HT-3000, Korg Wavestation, Roland Juno-D, Korg NS5R, Korg X-50, Korg Kontroller 49, Akai MPK 88, Korg M50, Korg Radias, Atmosphere, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, East West Studios various instruments, Roland Juno-Gi, Yamaha MOX8, Kronos 7.
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KronosSoundDesigns wrote:
Thanks Sharp, I am looking forward to this. I downloaded the 4 compressed files last night and need to know where I should put them on the Kronos disk, inside Korg Options? or to the root of the SSD. For example, I have two folders in the root of the disk, Factory and Korg Options, should I just paste the "ORCHESTR" folder from my thumb drive to the root? Then my root would be like:

Factory
Korg Options
ORCHESTR

or is Korg Options just for the Expansions from Korg?

Then there is Gamblers expanded version of your Orchestral set, found here> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=88665

Should I just install that one?

You can put it at the root. Or any place you like really. I think the only real "rule" is to keep that Factory directoy pristine so you always have it.
KronosSoundDesigns

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it workin! Thanks Ed!
Casio HT-3000, Korg Wavestation, Roland Juno-D, Korg NS5R, Korg X-50, Korg Kontroller 49, Akai MPK 88, Korg M50, Korg Radias, Atmosphere, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, East West Studios various instruments, Roland Juno-Gi, Yamaha MOX8, Kronos 7.
jameslol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,

I have downloaded and played Sonatina Strings successfully on my Kronos X 61keys. It's great, even more realistic than the Epic Strings from Yamaha Motif XF.
However, I do not know some Programs got the notes muted at C2 to B2. Please let me know if the sample is only a demo. How do I get the full version of this Orchestra Sets?

Thx you so much Sharp.

I'm James, from Vietnam
Email: JamesNgo@hotmail.com
netunof

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: "Missing samples" message Reply with quote

whenever i turn off the unit the samples disappear and have to be loaded all over again. What am i doing wrong? Have the same problem with a guitar library.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Search the pdf manuals or try youtube.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: "Missing samples" message Reply with quote

netunof wrote:
whenever i turn off the unit the samples disappear and have to be loaded all over again. What am i doing wrong? Have the same problem with a guitar library.

Reading your question, I'm quite sure you didn't even take the time to open one of the Kronos manual. You'd have to.
In sequence : 1) Quick Start Guide 2) Operation Guide 3) Parameters Guide. You will find them here :
https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/424/
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: "Missing samples" message Reply with quote

netunof wrote:

If you saved your guitar samples to the hard drive and named it "Guitars," it will appear in your drive as two files:

"Guitars.KSC"
"Guitars_UserBank.KSC"

Go to GLOBAL -- KSC Auto-Load page.

Press the ADD KSC button. Select "Guitars_UserBank.KSC" from your HD.

You can press the Do Auto-Load Now button, or just turn off the Kronos. The samples will load at power on.

There is no need for any of your samples to load into RAM, except in cases where you want to do reverse effects with them.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: "Missing samples" message Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
netunof wrote:

If you saved your guitar samples to the hard drive and named it "Guitars," it will appear in your drive as two files:

"Guitars.KSC"
"Guitars_UserBank.KSC"

Go to GLOBAL -- KSC Auto-Load page.

Press the ADD KSC button. Select "Guitars_UserBank.KSC" from your HD.

You can press the Do Auto-Load Now button, or just turn off the Kronos. The samples will load at power on.

There is no need for any of your samples to load into RAM, except in cases where you want to do reverse effects with them.

Mike, I thought that auto load loads the samples into ram at boot up. Or is it just for flagging them for streaming off the SSD?
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject: Re: "Missing samples" message Reply with quote

ronnfigg wrote:
I thought that auto load loads the samples into ram at boot up. Or is it just for flagging them for streaming off the SSD?

You can select "RAM" or "Virtual Memory." I always use Virtual (streaming). As you can see in this photo, a certain amount of RAM is used, but it is a small amount compared to the Disk Size of your samples.

ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification Mike. I don't do much sampling but next time I do and I have to do an auto load I will keep that in mind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: