Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Keys.....based on what?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Funktone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Volca Keys.....based on what? Reply with quote

We all know that the Beats is kind of based on the TR808 and the Bass kind of TB303.....

Has anyone any ideas on the Keys though? No that it really matters I love the Keys even if its not based on any other classic synth Smile
analoguekid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the MC 202 albeit this was mono Smile
Mr. Funktone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes good comparison. I've just read a review on-line from Stuff Magazine's Tony Horgan. He seems to think that the Volca Keys is the least good or whatever term he uses of the three Volcas. I'm shocked I have all three of them and the keys is the one I look to the most when writing music into my DAW. He says the delay is poor quality. Well that's his opinion but mine is I like the crusty sound of the delay on the keys. All the Volcas are great none stand out as better than another for me
analoguekid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only got the Keys and like it a lot, not into programing drum machines so probs never get a beats and the bass being mono doesn't make that a need-able jobby either.

I got the Keys because I can't press a key without having another one to press after it, and due to the stuff I do, I like to hold the keys to enable that blend.
Mr. Funktone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I see we're your coming from. Have you thought about getting another keys, coz I have Smile 6 note if you split on the keyboard or duo-phonic in Unison sounds good to me too
analoguekid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Funktone wrote:
Yea I see we're your coming from. Have you thought about getting another keys, coz I have Smile 6 note if you split on the keyboard or duo-phonic in Unison sounds good to me too

I would certainly consider another Keys for added oomph, two separate sounds etc. At the price they are they cant be bettered in my opinion Smile
Sclr

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have thought about getting another keys too. Didn't think it would be the one i go to the most. But when i am just dinking around its the one i wanna play the most.
analoguekid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Wink
fant0mas

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@analoguekid:
just being a smartass here, really - apologies for that - but: the keys is "mono", too!

I think you were thinking monoPHONIC?

in that case, maybe you´re in for a surprise: the Volca Bass has not one, but THREE step sequencers - one for each of the oscillators... and yes, you can program completely different sequences on each one.

the only limitation really is all 3 of them going through the same filter and obviously the same VCA or attack/decay settings.

In my eyes, the Bass can be much more versatile than the keys... not lastly because you get to choose between real square and saw waves, and not "only" saws and the fake square-ish sound you get when poly-ringmod is set. Wink
analoguekid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fant0mas wrote:
@analoguekid:
just being a smartass here, really - apologies for that - but: the keys is "mono", too!

I think you were thinking monoPHONIC?

Wink

I meant two separate sounds as in one on each Volca Wink
fant0mas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, I see Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: