Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

volca beats - dead already?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philipsstep

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Faulty volcas Reply with quote

Have you an email i can send a video to just to show you regard steve, philipsstep@gmail.com
dswo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been discussed on Muff's Modules as well: http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=82068&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=700. It might be your power supply OR it might be your audio output. Are you, by chance, combining two Volca outputs into one with a simple Y-splitter cable? Or are they going into a proper mixer?

(I haven't had this problem myself; all I know is what I read on the thread I linked to.)
Philipsstep

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Volcas Reply with quote

Ive got the 3 volcas, the beats, the bass and the keys, all going into a mixer, 1 channel each, ive been to dawsons thinking it was my psus, i let the shop check them out and they said the same as me, dodgy boards on all 3, i think im going to invest in 18 recargeable batteries, so i can just charge and play, cheers anyway mate regards anyway steve
brambos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iirc the Monotribe could only be powered using Korg's own proprietary PSU model and not using third party power bricks. Not sure what was different about it and whether the same applies to the Volcas though...
analoguekid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Volcas Reply with quote

Philipsstep wrote:
Ive got the 3 volcas, the beats, the bass and the keys, all going into a mixer, 1 channel each, ive been to dawsons thinking it was my psus, i let the shop check them out and they said the same as me, dodgy boards on all 3, i think im going to invest in 18 recargeable batteries, so i can just charge and play, cheers anyway mate regards anyway steve

Thats still worrying for me and running them constantly on Bats is a no no for me even if I did buy a load of rechargers, what happens if they go down half way through a track especially with the music I like to record being EM and Berlin school type stuff, 30-50 minute pieces, just getting stuff prepared and your half way through the juice on a set of batteries.
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The batteries die slowly too. The volca can get quieter slowly & you dont notice, then when you put fresh power to it...LOUD !!
I must be honest, my volca beats is redundant already. I modded it for the midi out & the individual outs because i thought it would make for a better unit but at the moment It's just a dust collector or i use it like a paper weight to hold a cable still.
Never say never i suppose.
PB21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tryy the playstation ps2 ac adaptor!
salmon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg volca series Reply with quote

Philipsstep wrote:
Hi i bought the korg volka beats, bass and keys and thought wow they are wicked, battery driven analogue babies, wow i was made up, after about an hour of anologue mayhem, the batterys started to dwindle so i thought, ill go and buy 3 dc adaptors to run them at the cost of £40 , i thought once ive got them, ive got them, took the batterys out of all of them and plugged the 9v dc, they come on nicely i was buzzing , i started to play about again and in the middle of creating a wicked bass the bass went off! I thought wow whats happened? Checked the plug, all fine switched it back on and hey presto it sprung into life again, i touched the wire again and off it went, i tried the other two and hey presto it happened on those aswell, basically its batterys or your naffed, gutted, they dont run properly off the 9v dcs because if you move the wire on the 9v dc it just goes off, sort it out korg!!! Im gutted its took me a month to get them in the country and they are faulty out the box! Shocking!

Same problem! Just got keys from BHphoto, also bought power supply they recommend. Sometimes volca shuts down when I put slight pressure to power plug in the direction opposite the keyboard. This can be as usual as moving the cable and it goes off... I am still testing, if I rotate the power plug I may not reproduce the problem. The power plug's inside +connector is not circular (opposite two pins), so maybe that moves about. BH says power adapter is Korg, but there is no "Korg" on the label, it feels quite cheap and it's not KA-350. However, KA-350 has the same connector. I'm in Canada so sending this back to BH is a problem...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: