Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos Wish List!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 48, 49, 50  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExcelMusicStudio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXer wrote:
Larger virtual buttons on the touch screen.

Larger fonts on the touch screen.

OOOOH yes,,, NUMBER 1 ,,,, squinty eyes.,..

I'm turning Japanese...
I think I'm turning Japanese... I really think so ... he he heh.

Songwriter , Lyricist , Music Producer
Korg Kronos 73 , Korg Wavestation SR , Korg M1Rex , Korg A2 Effects , Alesis D4 , Alesis DM5 , Alesis DMpro , Alesis QS4r , Passac Sentient 6 , Roland GP16 , Kurzweil K2000r , Creamware Pulsar , 37 guitars & basses , whacky sense of humour , glass of orange juice.
chini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: S/PDIF out routing Reply with quote

A choice to choose which input can feed the s/pdif output instead of it constantly echoing the L/R output.

EXAMPLE: I would like to use the KRONOS as an A/D convertor to record my live performance to my MacBook. I would use the Kronos' s/pdif optical out to feed my MacBook Pro (via an optical to toss link adapter) Not possible at the moment as it would send whats being played out of the KRONOS itself twice: once from the machine directly and 2nd from the return of the all my keyboards including the KRONOS! OK! maybe I should buy another sub mixer but Hell! Surely tHis cant be too difficult an option to implement!

Always be true to yourself
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curvebender wrote:
A global equalizer. Just like the one found in Set List Mode, but applicable to ALL modes of the Kronos.

(I am not a gigging musician, so I never use Set Lists.)

Like that, you could adapt the sound of the Kronos in rooms with acoustic problems.

+1. This would be REALLY helpful when I have to mix more than one keyboard down to a stereo pair on a mixer and the two boards have differing sonic qualities.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand this wish, could you elaborate?

I mean I can understand wanting to adapt to a room in a live situation (hence the setlist EQ), but in a studio setting? Plus, wouldn't you actually want each board to have different sonic qualities?
gjvti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: S/PDIF out routing Reply with quote

chini wrote:
A choice to choose which input can feed the s/pdif output instead of it constantly echoing the L/R output.

EXAMPLE: I would like to use the KRONOS as an A/D convertor to record my live performance to my MacBook. I would use the Kronos' s/pdif optical out to feed my MacBook Pro (via an optical to toss link adapter) Not possible at the moment as it would send whats being played out of the KRONOS itself twice: once from the machine directly and 2nd from the return of the all my keyboards including the KRONOS! OK! maybe I should buy another sub mixer but Hell! Surely tHis cant be too difficult an option to implement!

obviously it is extremely difficult to implement - I pointed to this problem since M3 .... or Korg just has different priorities...
gjvti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExcelMusicStudio wrote:
EXer wrote:
Larger virtual buttons on the touch screen.

Larger fonts on the touch screen.

OOOOH yes,,, NUMBER 1 ,,,, squinty eyes.,..

I'm turning Japanese...
I think I'm turning Japanese... I really think so ... he he heh.

To my understanding that could be easily solved enabling VGA out what together with USB allowed attach touchscreen of any size one desires... but again I'm minority - everyone wants just more and more new unheard unique sounds for their classical songwriting, not workflow improvements.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: S/PDIF out routing Reply with quote

gjvti wrote:
chini wrote:

obviously it is extremely difficult to implement - I pointed to this problem since M3 .... or Korg just has different priorities...

I don't understand. If you hook up your Kronos to your soundcard via SP/DIF it will record what you're playing, yes, but what return are you talking about? If the Kronos is already being recorded from some summing channel... Why is it on the summing channel?
gjvti

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand the this correctly - obviously that problem is with all korg workstations supporting sampling - when you hook lets say motu to spdif or main analogue out to add some special effect and want record (sample) that modified signal back to workstation it is passed again to main/spdif out creating feedback loop - there simply is no switch no way to disable external inputs direct monitoring while sampling to prevent feedback when re-sampling through external effects device. Regardless to which buss you route that signal, it is being monitored to outs prior sampled.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: S/PDIF out routing Reply with quote

chini wrote:

Surely tHis cant be too difficult an option to implement!

I think the S/PDIF output is driven directly from the DAC and is not directly addressable as a separate channel. If this is the case then it won't be possible to implement such a feature without a hardware upgrade.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Harris The Epic

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a Kronos Control app for iPad? I have a bunch of ideas for what it could do too.

- View of the entire Kronos screen and everything that can be seen and accessed from the on-board touch screen.
- MIDI Score editors for Karma and arpeggios; piano roll and sheet music score formats of editing with step recording and play-in options.
- Track Level Meters for combi's and effects and stuff, and L-R and Outputs 1-4 VU meters.
- Kronos Software Updates available via iPad Internet connection, 3G, LTE or Wifi
- Parameter Editing for all features available on the Kronos.
- Karma Control screen; manage scenes, controls, etc.
- X-Y Pad

Any other ideas anyone can come up with?... How much of it is actually practical?
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time slice to Wave Sequence.

It's already possible to make a drum pattern with it, but I'm trying to figure out how to slice melodic loops too so that I can get independent pitch/tempo control. I think slicing the loop into a wave sequence would be perfect for this, but currently is seeming quite long-winded.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
penguinpolice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

64 bit support for the Kronos Editor! Please please please, that would be soooo helpful to my workflow Smile
paalolav

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY! YES THEY DID IT! Thank you Korg!!!

paalolav wrote:

2. General: USB Keyboard support. To use a normal QWERTY keyboard for number input, jumping to different parameters and typing in names. The touch screen is not very intuitive in that respect. My old Emu E4XT Ultra had this feature and it was incredibly fast to work with!
I'd like to use the Kronos without the editor for this.
nugghead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: wish list for kronos Reply with quote

what korg should really add to kronos,

1.Make the touch screen a modulation option ala M3(ditch those silly chordpads)
2.detune on 2nd waveform in program mode
3.use wave sequences as pcm source for mod7&str
4.Less Piano pcms ,add more innovative or ethnic waveforms.
5.allow direct sending of osc2 to separate insert effects in prog mode,
jimiki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. External monitor connection
2. USB mouse connection
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 39 of 50

Jump to: