Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't buy Microsampler until next firmware upgrade.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nortisop

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

folks, let's start emailing korg about our gripes... they aren't going to update the software on this thing unless they get a critical mass of complaints...

support@korgusa.com

otherwise, they'll focus their efforts on making more stylophone toys...
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.
shabbee

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: I Love my microSAMPLER.....alot!! Reply with quote

first of all I have to admit that initially I didn't like the interface, not one bit. But I HAD to get into it before I could really appreciate what this little keyboard can do. There are aspects that bug me but the positives really over shadow them. I don't use the sampler for beatboxing, playing keyboard sounds etc, I mainly focus on remixing, messing songs up and using the FX. I'm not very taleneted at all but the results I get give the impression that I know what Im doing. I've made a couple of videos and posted them on my youtube channel, if you feel charitable have a look (and probably a laugh) at what I've cobbled together.

If we are putting together a wish list, lets do it well and professionally, I know KORG listen to end users and have prooved this before.

All the best, sorry for any spelling mistakes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IBkebgllp4
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: I Love my microSAMPLER.....alot!! Reply with quote

shabbee wrote:
first of all I have to admit that initially I didn't like the interface, not one bit. But I HAD to get into it before I could really appreciate what this little keyboard can do. There are aspects that bug me but the positives really over shadow them. I don't use the sampler for beatboxing, playing keyboard sounds etc, I mainly focus on remixing, messing songs up and using the FX. I'm not very taleneted at all but the results I get give the impression that I know what Im doing. I've made a couple of videos and posted them on my youtube channel, if you feel charitable have a look (and probably a laugh) at what I've cobbled together.

If we are putting together a wish list, lets do it well and professionally, I know KORG listen to end users and have prooved this before.

All the best, sorry for any spelling mistakes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IBkebgllp4

DAMN!!!!! This Youtube video shows the best use of the micro Sampler...PERIOD!!!! This is what Korg should have been using (the beat box guys sucked).

So Shabbee, you actually made this? Bro this was SICK, awesome work dude!

I have have been on the fence about this microSampler for so long because of the price (to me it is way too overly priced for what you get); however I know that the number 1 feature it has over every other sampler is how quickly you can sample and make cool music on the fly...which is what i want. Electribes don't do this.

Between you and Griffin Avid I'm really considering dropping a few bills on this device
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Griffin Avid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow, that's a great video. Well done!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

super now all we need is auto loop and i will for ever shut up...
beatifictatter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, are you even hitting the keys on that youtube video? doesnt look like it toward the end when you hit keyboard mode?

doesnt really matter either way, if it was all done in the microsampler its a decent example of what you can do with the machine. that genre's not my cup of tea but nice one.
FranzK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpantano wrote:
lloydsmith wrote:
yes - but the XL will be missing one or two Microsampler features so you have to buy BOTH.. Laughing

Then, when they release the Diamatar and its little cousin D3, the D3 will be missing a few ROM samples that the MicroSampler XL has but everyone will still say its better

What is a DIAMATAR, btw? A diamond key tar

I'm also about to sell my microsampler, it just isn't right for me
I wish they do a couple firmware updates like "beat repeat"
(input quantization) and audio in improvements

Give me a more upgraded electribe I can run on batteries!
That's what I want

KORGLECTION: FIVE Classic ELECTRIBES, FIVE KAOSS!
3 Volca, iPads, Three DS10, Monotron, Classic O1W/FD

See my videos! KORG and other Synths and Apps,
VJing, Animation, Games etc.
www.youtube.com/vjfranzk
Cubilas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lloydsmith wrote:
yes - but the XL will be missing one or two Microsampler features so you have to buy BOTH.. Laughing

This is so true. You made my day with this reply Laughing
lloydsmith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure Cool maybe Korg would have updated the MS1 if it had really taken off but I am not sure that it really caught fire saleswise as IOS very quickly gained momentum around its primary years.

As a post script...five years on.. The MS whilst being a mixed bag, led me to investigate samplers such as the Akai 3200xl and thE ESX1...So now I combine them all and still make unstatisfactory music.... LOL.

Korg's micro allure often seems to be shortlived. Look at all those Volcas up for resale...(to be fair perhaps people have unrealistic expectations of cheap analog).

The only thing I would be tempted to buy from them right now is an analog Electribe SX. Korg seem to be lacking in mid range kit and have discontinued the 'Tribes and the MS1 - so maybe something is in the pipeline there? One can but hope.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSampler All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: