Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Expression pedals for use with ms20

View previous topic :: View next topic  
richbeemPOW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Expression pedals for use with ms20 Reply with quote

Hi, wondering if anyone tried plugging any pedals inside the ms20 filter inputs, or other inputs, to modulate with the foot.

And what would be examples of such pedals.

Also, for myself, i have tried plugging a on/off switch pedal inside the control inout, the clock input, thing works, but the signal is inversed.

Thanks again
richbeemPOW

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so, I bought a Moog EP3 pedal yesterday, and i'm having a lot of trouble getting it to work.

The pedal itself is amazing quality/price ratio only like 50 bucks, very heavy, good looking, the cable is separate from the pedal unlike the EP2, theres a switch underneath the pedal called standard/other, have no idea whats its for but im guessing polarity, something like that, and a potionometer on the side of the pedal to control the voltage max min.

So, the cord that comes with the pedal is a 1/4 stereo jack on both sides, and right now I only have a 1/8 mono adapter.

When I plug it directly into a filter, I cannot get it to work.

My workaround is to plug it into the EXTERNAL SIGNAL PROCESSOR, and take the CV out into the filter, of course with CV KNOB to max and SIGNAL knob to max. This way, I am able to control the filter with the pedal, but only a very small range, and even then, its kind of a one shot, not slowly progressing filter sweep.

Any ideas why it wouldn't work properly? Does anyone have this type of pedal or tried anything similar?

Also, can the inputs on the ms20 mini receive stereo jacks? Or just mono?

Thanks in advance!
richbeemPOW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright so, ive gotten it to work, it can control any inputs on the ms20 mini / original ms20 i suppose,

It takes an expression pedal, and a insert cable i think they call it.

You have to sacrifice a voltage control output, so

-mod wheel
- eg1 eg1 rev eg2 rev
- control input

Whatever, i choose to use eg1 as i dont use it as often but then again you can choose any which one depending on the patch you want to create.

Heres a little demo I made http://youtu.be/liMxqUjHSlw

You can also check out some of my stuff at youtube.com/feedback0008

Thanks
baward

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Expression pedals for use with ms20 Reply with quote

richbeemPOW wrote:
Hi, wondering if anyone tried plugging any pedals inside the ms20 filter inputs, or other inputs, to modulate with the foot.

And what would be examples of such pedals.

Also, for myself, i have tried plugging a on/off switch pedal inside the control inout, the clock input, thing works, but the signal is inversed.

Thanks again

If you can find them, you can use the pedals from the original MS series: http://www.korganalogue.net/korgms/specs/ppsp.html

Best wishes,
Ben
richbeemPOW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep baward, i thought about it, but they are very rare pedals and I gues would come off with a higher price.

Just so you know, im now using the moog ep3 pedal, very nice thing price wise for 50$!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: