Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

the keyboard does not allow me to record my part.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hejam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: the keyboard does not allow me to record my part. Reply with quote

Hi
Page 48 on Korg pa 600 manual says that you can try your part before recording, A 1- bar precount will play before the recording actually begins. when it begins play freely. The pattern will last for some measures according to the length value , then restart.
I tried but no success. The time that 1 bar precount starts, and i start to record my part, suddenly the style starts to play , does not allow me to record my part, and then it plays the style. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: the keyboard does not allow me to record my part. Reply with quote

hejam wrote:
Hi
Page 48 on Korg pa 600 manual says that you can try your part before recording, A 1- bar precount will play before the recording actually begins. when it begins play freely. The pattern will last for some measures according to the length value , then restart.
I tried but no success. The time that 1 bar precount starts, and i start to record my part, suddenly the style starts to play , does not allow me to record my part, and then it plays the style. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Are you using the MUTE and RECORD functions properly on the track you are trying to 'rehearse' and 'record' ?

If you do not erase the track you are recording first, you will hear what ever has been previously recorded to that track when in record mode and you can overdub. The track MUTE button will allow you to practice a new track without hearing what is currently on the track.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
hejam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. By deleting the drum track for instance, then i will lose the whole drum track, while i wished that the drum track starts after i play my part . creating a drum track by myself is a challenging job, and unfortunately there is not a way, that like after i play my part, i can copy and paste the drum track .
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY Reply with quote

hejam wrote:
Thank you for your reply. By deleting the drum track for instance, then i will lose the whole drum track, while i wished that the drum track starts after i play my part . creating a drum track by myself is a challenging job, and unfortunately there is not a way, that like after i play my part, i can copy and paste the drum track .

The Style Record function is track oriented. You can load an existing style and do not have to delete the drum track to overdub or rerecord other tracks in the style.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
hejam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: my problem Reply with quote

thank you. my problem is that i would like to have some measures free before the style starts to play.(I am talking about INTRO1, i want to create Intro 1 without drum track playing for few measures, then drum track starts). so i can record some music on those empty measures., while I do not want to lose the style also.I do not know if you can imagine my issue. If I start with recording a new style , I can add my part first, and then when adding drums to drum track, l get into trouble, because I do not know how to play drums so well enough to create a good drum style beats. I wished that I could copy some existing drum beats from a style and after I played my melody then pasted the copied drum style beats to the drum track. may be my alternative is to use a computer software that can do that.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: my problem Reply with quote

hejam wrote:
thank you. my problem is that i would like to have some measures free before the style starts to play.(I am talking about INTRO1, i want to create Intro 1 without drum track playing for few measures, then drum track starts). so i can record some music on those empty measures., while I do not want to lose the style also.I do not know if you can imagine my issue. If I start with recording a new style , I can add my part first, and then when adding drums to drum track, l get into trouble, because I do not know how to play drums so well enough to create a good drum style beats. I wished that I could copy some existing drum beats from a style and after I played my melody then pasted the copied drum style beats to the drum track. may be my alternative is to use a computer software that can do that.

See page 57 of the User Manual for information on copying tracks within or between styles.

Johann Sebastian Bach

hejam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: sorry, Reply with quote

it does copy and paste inside a style, not that you copy , and then create a new style , and then paste into that new style. I contacted korg, they said it is just to copy and paste inside a style
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: sorry, Reply with quote

hejam wrote:
it does copy and paste inside a style, not that you copy , and then create a new style , and then paste into that new style. I contacted korg, they said it is just to copy and paste inside a style

Sorry, the person you talked to at KORG was incorrect. You CAN copy from one style to anther. Read page 57 of the manual. On the Copy page you can tell the editor what style you want to copy from.

From the user manual - page 57 ...

"From Style
Choose this option to select the source Style to copy the track, Chord Variation or Style Element from. Touch the Select button to open the Style Select window and select the source Style."

[/img]

Johann Sebastian Bach

hejam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:22 am    Post subject: not any help Reply with quote

Friend, it seems that you do not get what I am having problem with. what i mentioned is that , i would like to have free measures , so I can play my part, and after that the style starts. what you are saying is that you can copy and paste. even with that the whole track will play , and it does not give me any opportunity to play my part, because it will paste the whole track not a part f the track that I can paste it after my part
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: