Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

midi setup ->2 keyboards

View previous topic :: View next topic  
beethovenhlira

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: midi setup ->2 keyboards Reply with quote

Hi!

Before anything I would like to apologize for possible writing errors.

I have one korg m50 and one kurzweil sp2. I successfully connected both using a midi cable and can play the sp2 with the m50 sounds.

But I would like to set 2 sounds in the m50, and 2 different sounds in the sp2.

For example: m50 spliting strings and hammond, sp2 spliting bass and piano.

Is this possible? thanks to everyone who can help-me
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It it possible. On the M50 create a combi with 2 timbres. Set the key zones for each of the timbres how you want the keyboard split. Use the same midi channel for both timbres.

I'm not familiar with how to setup the sp2 but create a split in a similar manner and it should all work.
beethovenhlira

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for the answer.
Is possible manage sounds of both keyboards through the M50 panel? Maybe something like put the SP2 in slave mode, and the M50 in master, making use of this midi channels? And decide in the M50 panel 2 sounds to SP2, and 2 other sounds to play in the M50.
I could see something like 'EXT' in the M50, but i don't know how this works exactly. I think the manual isn't so clear about this.
Bald Eagle wrote:
It it possible. On the M50 create a combi with 2 timbres. Set the key zones for each of the timbres how you want the keyboard split. Use the same midi channel for both timbres.

I'm not familiar with how to setup the sp2 but create a split in a similar manner and it should all work.
Ajbbklyn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Combi mode you can have up to 16 timbres. So, you can create two separate keyboard splits - each one containing two sounds. One for the M50, one for the SP2.

The keyboard split for the M50 can use (for example) MIDI Channel 1, with defined ranges on the keyboard (left & right) for each sound.

The keyboard split for the SP2 can use (for example) MIDI Channel 2, with defined ranges on the keyboard (left & right) for each sound. In this example you would make sure that the M50 is transmitting MIDI to the SP 2 on Channel 2 and that the SP2 is set up to receive information on Channel 2.

Voilà: You now have two keyboard splits, one for each board with a total of four sounds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: