Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what synth is VERY different/complementary to Kronos?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning on getting a King Korg but since it became apparent that my studio needed upgrading the new keyboard thing has taken a back seat. I haven't tried it a gigs yet but at my friends house whenever we have a serious jam (no cover songs, just making it up as you go) I've brought out my iPad. I just connect it to my old U20 and use that as a second synth. I have my system configured so that for some patches, using my Kronos as the center piece, I can drive Kronos sounds or my iPad.

It works pretty well. The only down side is that if I want to go to a different synth on the iPad, it takes a bit of time. I'm quite sure there is a faster workaround but I really haven't bothered trying to find one yet.

On the plus side, I have access to a lot of different synthesizers in a very small footprint.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
ferchis
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once managed to control the ipad synths with the Kronos, this through the camera connection kit. Can't remember how now, though

Kronos 88 - Korg M50 61 - Morphwiz - Alchemy synth
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using an iRig Pro. It has midi and a Lightning connector. Makes it easy!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
MamboKeys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
I sometimes think I'd like one of those new Hammonds since I do play a lot of organ stuff but I've got a 73 key Kronos. The weighted keys beat up my hands when I'm doing palm smears.

That's exactly what I did with my live rig. I have a Kronos 2-73 on the bottom and a Hammond XK-1c on top. The Kronos is such a well-rounded instrument that it covers all the bases I need for my band, but I personally prefer the sound of the XK to the CX-3 engine (which is no slouch by any means; just a Ford vs. Chevy sort of thing). I also need the waterfall keys so I don't hurt my hands.

In the studio, I add a Korg M3-61 and a Korg Triton Rack, along with a stable of VSTs. I had a second M3, which I just sold on Ebay. I'm in the market to replace it -- I have a naked keyboard tier in the studio, and that's just blasphemous -- but I'm not really sure which direction to go. My nostalgia is drawing me toward a Roland D-50, but I'm still considering options.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mambo, you realise this topic is 4 year old?

Fun thing is however, nothing has really changed since then.. well maybe the Roland System 8..

Altough, i think more and more people realise now the best way to expand the kronos is trough software...
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MamboKeys wrote:
jeremykeys wrote:
I sometimes think I'd like one of those new Hammonds since I do play a lot of organ stuff but I've got a 73 key Kronos. The weighted keys beat up my hands when I'm doing palm smears.

That's exactly what I did with my live rig. I have a Kronos 2-73 on the bottom and a Hammond XK-1c on top. The Kronos is such a well-rounded instrument that it covers all the bases I need for my band, but I personally prefer the sound of the XK to the CX-3 engine (which is no slouch by any means; just a Ford vs. Chevy sort of thing).

I also need the waterfall keys so I don't hurt my hands.

ns.

I have the 88 Kronos. I do swipes , smears on the RH3 for my Hammond parts with zero problem.

I am careful , of course, but swipes, descending, are doable on RH3
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Fun thing is however, nothing has really changed since then.. well maybe the Roland System 8..

I think the new Waldorf Quantum might just fit the bill:

http://www.soundonsound.com/news/quantum-waldorfs-new-super-synth

..Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: