Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New SV-1 Owner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
towelsnapper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: New SV-1 Owner Reply with quote

Despite the flaws well noted elsewhere in the forum, the SV-1 was irresistible to me. I love the congruence between how it looks and how it sounds. It sounds how it looks.

Thanks for all the info on this board you guys have been sharing. I'm concerned about a few of the keys already due to a mild, loose, rattling sound they make; but they play fine.

If it were my only keyboard, the flaws (especially no control over keyboard splitting) would bother me more. I don't like the AP's very much compared to the CP300, and it's probably not the keyboard I'll do most my practicing on.

But then I remember that it would be cool to have an actual Rhodes piano, and that only has one sound.

We're spoiled with the instruments available to us relative to previous generations. Johnny Johnson would gig around to find torn up house pianos and have to transpose to something where all the keys worked. (etc.)

Overall, I love the SV-1 (thanks Korg), and it didn't take long at all to figure out how to get the EP sound I was looking for. Let's make some good music.

P.S. I'm very happy to see there's some patch sharing /trading going on. I hope Korg isn't done as far as software and sounds.
Ignatius_Gerumpany

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Welcome to the SV-1 - stuff you may already know Reply with quote

Glad to hear you are enjoying this great board. A couple of things at the risk of telling you stuff you already know.

I was cautioned never to store or transport the SV-1 up on end, only flat. The effect on the keys was the reason given. I have done this, and had no issues.

You say you have other options/keyboards, and that is great. I traded a beloved Nord Electro 2 because I saw myself as primarily a piano player, and thought the SV-1's baked in organ sounds would be fine. After a short time, I was yearning for my drawbars, however virtual.

So I recently picked up a Nord Electro 2 Rack. The simplest of hook ups, sits right on the music stand, and now I have all the B3 functionality, easy to switch off and use the SV-1's superior acoustic piano, and that little combo organ which the NE2 does not have. The one Rhodes sound on the SV-1 is still great, but I also have a couple more on the Nord rack, and a raspy little Wurlitzer. All in a package lighter than light.

I happen to like the touch of the keyboard, even a bit better than the Nord's waterfall and much better than the HP series boards I tried out. So I am in heaven and wish I were practicing right now. Ain't that why were are in it?

Congrats on your board, and long may it wave.
ClaytonE

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the fold Towelsnapper...You have an awesome instrument Amigo!!!
I have had mine for a couple of years now, and am still inspired with this beautiful babe...congrats to you... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: