Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First impressions of my new KK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pauliekeys

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: First impressions of my new KK Reply with quote

I just received my new KK yesterday. Set it up right away (duh) and started listening and tweaking preset tones. Over all I'm very pleased with how it sounds! Coming from a background of analog controlled synths way back when, it's refreshing to work with this type of layout making it easy to quickly build sounds. However, after a few hours of programing and playing the factory sounds,I quickly found some of its short comings. Most have been mentioned before but, some I experienced I haven't seen posted.

First off I found that the key response decreases as your fingers reach on the keys making it necessary to play very aggressively or they will not trigger. None of my many other keyboards have this same issue. The key ends also have a sharp edge to them and my thumb seemed to hang up on the keys from time to time. I'm sure my playing style with change with seat time but, I thought it should be mentioned.

Next I found that changing the tempo of the arpeggiator needs two hands. Very annoying from a live playing standpoint! I had read this on forum before, but didn't think too much about it until playing it. I'd very much like to hear how others might have worked around this.

Next the KK does NOT like my EV-5 expression pedal and is useless at changing the over all volume. Hopefully I will find a "direct plugin" pedal that will work. Time to dig out my old yamaha volume pedal!

Over all the KK sounds great, I'm impressed with sounds and the "old school" style of building them. I'm confident the KK will workout very nicely for what it was intended for, covering Classic 70's/80's analog tones and controlling them on the fly!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: