Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help an idiot with ESX sampling/slicing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
belzrebuth

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Help an idiot with ESX sampling/slicing Reply with quote

I have my ESX for a long time but i use to only as a sampled based drum machine.I decided to get more into its sampling capabilities but i'm a complete noob.I went trough the manual but i would appreciate a more hand-on approach.I want to be able to "extract" certain one shot sounds from a track or loop.A bd or a snare or a hi hat and place them onto different drum parts.I also want to be able to use a pad or a chord or a waveform of a synth and play it on the keyboard parts with infinite sustain (loop).Any help? Rolling Eyes
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retreiving slices is one of the most convoluted tasks you can do on the ESX, so don't feel bad if you don't get it at first. Are you able to get your samples uploaded to the machine and play them back already? I'll assume you can based on what you've written up. So...

TO SLICE:

-under "Sample Mode" (red button near the display should be lit), find your sample in the menu.
-hold SHIFT and hit key 13 (subscript "Slice"), now hit the Slice PART button that's also blinking. Going by memory, i think at this point it will ask you to define the resolution of the slices after a short delay. You're halfway there!
-now you can define the "one-hits" to be divided from the longer sample. IF you want higher resolution you can increase the number before hitting the blinking Slice part button again. To preview the hit, just push the highlighted step button. You can add/remove steps by holding SHIFT and hitting a step button to get the slices closer to what you want. Once you've got it setup, i think you hit the SLICE part button again to finalize.
NOW DON'T FORGET TO SAVE once you've got the results you want. Hit write (twice) to confirm. Now when you're in Part mode and selecting, say, a drum part, you can define one of the slices as your "one-hit" under the part menu in an entry labelled something like "sliceNmb" or something...you'll find it if you made it this far.

SETTING UP A KEYBOARD PART...

is different, but easier. To do this, you'll need to go into SAMPLE mode again and select the sample you want to have loop on the keyboard part. In the menu, you can define the LoopStat(loop start point). Once this is set to "00000" and saved, you'lll have a sample that'll loop on the Keyboard parts, so you can use it as a tone! WAY COOL! If you want to scroll the number down to zero sooner, hold SHIFT while you scroll.
belzrebuth

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: