Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Usb midi

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunkasthedog

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Usb midi Reply with quote

Hi, I've just got a focusrite itrack dock to go with my king korg. It works on the audio inputs but midi doesn't work over usb. The cable works as I control logic via usb. I can only assume that the korg isn't class compliant? Any ideas?

Dave
magikroom

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Settings Reply with quote

not sure if I can help at all and don't know if it is class compliant, though I can't see why not as it is only used for MIDI and not an audio interface. It could be something you have to do in the software for the "Device Link" but looking at the manual, the device link is to connect to an iPad and not a keyboard controller.

Are you using the focusrite with a computer or iPad?

In the manual it has these things :

2. USB 2 .0 port - Type B connector; connect to your laptop or desktop with cable supplied. You will
need to connect this port to an Apple USB Power Supply when using the iTrack Solo with an iOS
device.

3. DEVICE LINK - proprietary connector; use the cable supplied to connect this port to your iPad.

As it states "proprietary" I would assume that it isn't a standard USB port.
Korg Kronos 73, KingKorg, Arp Odyssey, X5DR, Roland System 1m, Juno 6, JX-3P, JX-10, MKS-50, D10, Moog Sub Phatty, Novation Bass Station 2, DSI Prophet 08, Tetra, Analogue Solutions Telemark V2 and Leipzig-S, Nord Lead A1, Dreadbox Erebus, Waldorf Pulse, NI Maschine, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Arturia SparkLe, Beatstep, Spectrasonics Omnisphere U-HE Diva (Best Soft Synth ever) + other Softsynths
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you installed the Korg USB MIDI driver? If not you can download it from the support section on Korg's website.
bunkasthedog

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response guys.

focusrite do a couple of IPAD compatible devices: the itrack solo, and the the itrack dock. Its the dock that I have. The Ipad sits in the dock. Speaking with focusrite they say its plug and play insofar as it doesn't connect to a computer for setting up. I'm not even sure you can plug it into a computer as it has a type A female socket connector.

I have installed the midi driver for the kingkorg. Though, one of the questions focusrite asked was if the korg needed a driver to work. The implication was that it wouldn't work with the itrack dock if it did.

I've had the kingkorg working an ipad 3rd gen before with 5pin midi, but ironically not the Air, although that could have been because the 30pin to lightning connector wasn't made by apple.

I've sent an email to korg. Hopefully they can help.

Should the kingkorg not work. I guess i've got three options:

1: lump it and just use the focusrite for audio input
2: buy a 'class compliant' midi keyboard for the focusrite,
3: return the focusrite and go for an alternative. However, what drove me to the itrack dock was the fact that it can take audio in and midi in. Are there any other viable options available.

Thanks
bunkasthedog

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not got to the bottom of whether the usb connector works properly. However an alesis 5pin midi to usb cable has sorted the issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: