Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Krome Piano doesn't sound like youtube video.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dnollon91

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Korg Krome Piano doesn't sound like youtube video. Reply with quote

Hi I have a Korg Krome 61 the Korg Krome Piano sound ok but nothing
like the one display in the youtube video or even in the Demo. Help me
setup the right sound for the Korg Krome Piano to get the best sound out of
it.
Ricky_jcr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha I thought the same when I initially got my Krome. Try using earphones, you'll see that the sound quality is as promised, if not better than the demo videos.
Or you could get a good speaker set or amp, but earphones all the way!
Hope this helps
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting good speakers helps, also make sure you're running in stereo.
jnaut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Krome Piano doesn't sound like youtube video. Reply with quote

dnollon91 wrote:
Hi I have a Korg Krome 61 the Korg Krome Piano sound ok but nothing
like the one display in the youtube video or even in the Demo. Help me
setup the right sound for the Korg Krome Piano to get the best sound out of
it.

Quality monitors. Lots of discussion on this.

People swear it sounds better in the headphones, so did I, until I got a quality set of monitors, now I can't stand it in the headphones.

Be prepared to spend around $300 for a real quality set of 5" monitors. $150 a piece.

I went to Guitar center and they sold me a pair of these:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LSR305?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=COfg3PWK_74CFRWVfgodfr0AGg

Excellent sound. Covers the low and high end well. The korg will actually rattle my windows. Seriously, anyone who says the korg 'doesn't sound that great' through speakers probably doesn't have quality monitors.
dnollon91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:50 am    Post subject: Real piano sound not clarity issue. Reply with quote

I'm not talking about how will it sound or how clear it sound but I mean it doesn't sound realistic the Krome Paino. Every other sounds sound really good even the drum sounds sound real but the Krome Piano doesn't sound authentic piano sound, but I got it. I had to do a lot of changing in the setting from cutoff to eq and MTX mixture and now I got a real good Krome Piano sound that sound almost as good as a Kronos Piano.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny because by default every note is simply a recording of a piano key being struck and ringing out completely, exactly like in thhe Kronos. Just goes to show how much "taste" is a factor in our opinion of authenticity. Glad you got something you like though!
dnollon91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: SanderXpander your right. Reply with quote

To me as is the Krome Piano sound too light and with the switch 1 on it sound to deep or with the switch 2 on it sound really light not rich like a
real piano, but with my modified version it right there in the middle and
by applying either switch 1 or 2 it become rick or sound thicker not deeper or lighter. It still have authentic Krome Piano sound but the thickness of
the German Grand Reverb sound. Try to compare the 2 as is I think the German Grand Reverb sound better than the Krome Piano but with my Mod I think the Krome Piano sound better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: