Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any M1 users left? Any survivors?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kahnn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Any M1 users left? Any survivors? Reply with quote

New M1 owner here. Smile
First things first: I'm no sound engineer and I have no idea how this happens, but the sound of M1 (hardware) is really really different. It allows only 100 programs and 100 combis, yes, but they sound so thick and beautiful that I'm thinking to make it a part of my gig all aware of its weight (13-14kgs).
I have a TEX 76 and had an X50 for some time, and I can say that M1 is more powerful than them without doubt.

Here are my questions:
1) Can anyone explain why the sound is so different (in a good way)?
2) I need an M1 librarian/editor, preferebly for Mac (OS 10.7.5 recently), and preferebly a free one.
3) A good librarian / editor for Vista will also do, but still, preferebly a freeware.

I have found this shareware called M1LibEd at www.october28.com but it costs 29$ which I would gladly pay if it worked not only on Windows, but on Mac OSX also.

Any responses for this awesome monster will be appreciated...

Best,
Kahnn
gennargiu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, for mac i don't know editor free for korg m1. On windows 7 you can use this shareware editor m1 Librarian http://www.bap-software.de/index.php/en/m1manager - On mac free sysex librarian for transfer bank,program and combi on korg m1 hardware http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/. For windows you can uses free sysex librarian midiox or bome send sx Wink

gennaro

Ps : I have installed bootcamp partition on my imac 24 aluminium with windows 7 home premium 32 bit and can uses all software native for editor librarian various synthesizers ( korg,yamaha,roland)
MoonMusic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gennargiu wrote:
On mac free sysex librarian for transfer bank,program and combi on korg m1 hardware http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

I've used Snoize for transferring single patches but mostly whole patch banks via sysex to and from Mac using OS 10.6.8....I've done this with Kawai and Ensoniq without issues....Not sure if it works with the Korg M1....I don't think you can do any edits though.....Soundquest is probably the best but it's also expensive.....moon

EDIT - I don't own Soundquest so I can't vouch for anything other than I've seen it advertised the most for what your looking for.......
DAW - Protools 9 - HD3 Accel
Plugs - All Spectrasonics,Steve Slate Drums 4.0,Slate Trigger,NI Komplete 9 Ultimate,Korg Legacy,Melodyne 3,Evo Autotune,HD3 Pack,Liquid Mix, Eleven, Ample Sound Guitars
Mics - Audio Technica 4033sm, Apogee mic, several Shure SM-57s, 2- Beta 52, 2- AT 3031, 2- Samson CO2
Other - V-Drums, DW Drums, Zildjian A Customs, Muse Research Qu4ttro, Open Labs Miko Timbaland Edition
Mellontikos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "TEX76" do you mean the Korg T2 EX 76 keys model?

That should sound identical to your M1.

X50 is Korg's watered down palette of multisamples. The same set that they have been recycling since the X3.

M1 had much nicer original sampled data, which only some of the sounds made it onto later Korgs, the M1 Piano being one of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: