Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TR USB MIDI problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sekkan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: TR USB MIDI problems Reply with quote

Hi, some months ago i bought a KORG TR. I have ever since tried to Connect it to my Laptop. I have downloaded the latest driver from Korg.com, but nothing happends when i Connect the TR to my Laptop. Any idea what i can try to do??

Sekkan
demonp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you expect to happen? What Windows (other OS) do you have? Is it supported?

You need some VSTi or a DAW to make it work as a midi interface.
Sorry if you already have all of these.
sekkan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

demonp wrote:
What do you expect to happen? What Windows (other OS) do you have? Is it supported?

You need some VSTi or a DAW to make it work as a midi interface.
Sorry if you already have all of these.

I amsorri that i did not know that. I am using Windows 7 64 bit. And i have cubase installed on my pc. I am not familiar With DAW or VST. How do i get that?
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connecting the TR to a computer doesn't "do anything" by itself. Nothing will "happen".

Only if you are using other music software will you see the source/destination device lists include the TR. If you are not using other music software such as a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation; examples include Sonar, Cubase, Digital Performer, Logic, Reaper, ProTools etc.) then you will not see anything "happen".

But if you are using these kinds of software, you will then see the TR as a MIDI Device (inside those softwares) to which you can send and receive MIDI data from.

ggm1960

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using a mac you can connect via usb to your computer and the sequencer program will see it, however, it will not use midinam/dev files so you won't see patch names, only numbers.

Sadly the TR models didn't come with any type of editor/librarian software and the only such program available is from SoundTower. The program mostly works ok but it's only for PC and also only communicates with the TR via midi cables. One other important thing is that you must switch TR clock to external or the TR floods the midi interface and computer with worthless timing data.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: