Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pa900 or Korg pa3x...Help me decide!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClaytonE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Korg pa900 or Korg pa3x...Help me decide!!! Reply with quote

Hello all...I'm in a quandry Rolling Eyes I have a Korg SV1 that I LOVE, but am reaching the stage that I need an arranger to help "flesh out" tunes with a "band in a box" instrument.
My question is this...Should I get the pa900 for significantly less money or the pa3x? Both sound very good on the video comparisons on U-Tube...
I play my SV-1 through QSC K-8s so the on board speakers are moot to me...but are a nice feature...
Are the T.C. Helicons the same? Is there a "quality" difference between the two? Keybeds? Learning curve?
I will have to buy online so any help will make the decision easier. As you can tell I am still researching between the two instruments, and am "waffling"... Embarassed
Thanks for any help Amigos!!! Wacky
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ClaytonE, one consideration for you: I think you will find the Pa900 more straightforward to use than the Pa3X, there are more variables that you can adjust on the Pa3X so it is definitely more complex.
BillyHank

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clayton,

I started with the Pa900 and then moved on to the Pa3X-76.
Both keyboards are very similar regarding the touch screen and the operating system - When you learn one, you will know they other quickly.

I loved the Pa900 and still think it is the best arranger keyboard for the money of all the Brands out there.

I switched to the Pa3X because I wanted the tilt up screen, internal hard drive and 76 keys. For me, I think those three items is about all I really gained considering my overall experience and playing ability. I am not a piano player.

Now if Don M decides to jump in here and put his ideas in, believe everything he says because he started with the Pa3X and moved to the Pa900 and he is a terrific musician and singer. He does not have any loyalty to any brand and has most likely tried all of them.

I was a Yamaha arranger keyboard owner only for over 12 years and had the first 3 Tyros models produced - I can say without any reservation that the Pa900 is what I expected from the Tyros keyboards and was never delivered by the Tyros.

Bill G
ClaytonE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PraiseTheLord wrote:
Hi ClaytonE, one consideration for you: I think you will find the Pa900 more straightforward to use than the Pa3X, there are more variables that you can adjust on the Pa3X so it is definitely more complex.

Thanks Praise the Lord...This is an interesting consideration, especially since I am somewhat technologically "Brain Damaged" Face palm LOL...
That is also why I went with my SV-1...simple & strait forward... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ClaytonE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillyHank wrote:
Clayton,

I started with the Pa900 and then moved on to the Pa3X-76.
Both keyboards are very similar regarding the touch screen and the operating system - When you learn one, you will know they other quickly.

I loved the Pa900 and still think it is the best arranger keyboard for the money of all the Brands out there.

I switched to the Pa3X because I wanted the tilt up screen, internal hard drive and 76 keys. For me, I think those three items is about all I really gained considering my overall experience and playing ability. I am not a piano player.

Now if Don M decides to jump in here and put his ideas in, believe everything he says because he started with the Pa3X and moved to the Pa900 and he is a terrific musician and singer. He does not have any loyalty to any brand and has most likely tried all of them.

I was a Yamaha arranger keyboard owner only for over 12 years and had the first 3 Tyros models produced - I can say without any reservation that the Pa900 is what I expected from the Tyros keyboards and was never delivered by the Tyros.

Bill G

Thank you BillyHank...I am primarily an acoustic guitar player so I can relate!!!
The First keyboard that I purchased was a Roland Juno 60 in the 80s and this was Pre-Midi!!! I am hopeing to learn how to connect my SV-1 up to an arranger to get the best of both worlds...sigh...
I'm getting too old to learn many more new instruments,(Saxes,Flugelhorns,Percussion,Ect.), so one of these fine instruments is in my future!!!
I hope Don M and others will chime in here, because the knowledge base on this forum is Awesome!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: