Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CDRW 1x 8 Install Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amofobro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:47 am    Post subject: CDRW 1x 8 Install Question Reply with quote

Regarding the slim CDRW 1x8 Drive, I was fortunate to score a used
Studio Triton in mint condition however it came without the optional
CDRW drive. I bought a used drive off of Ebay and I want to install
It. I have OS version 1.0.4 in my Triton. Can I install the CDRW directly
or is it mandatory that I preform an update. Someone told me I do
Because if not the Triton won't recognize the CDRW. I did some research and tried to call Korg but ...came up with "nada". I asked a buddy who use to work at Sam Ash back when the Triton's first hit the streets and he said that when they were first released the OS was 1.0.4 and that there after when they were sold with the included CDRW the OS was different. 1.0.8 or something. I do have back up floppies that came with my Triton. But if I have to do the update, my only recourse is to find the ol' skool Floppies and do the update that way. Thanks in advance for any help/assistance.[/b]
insanitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The later revision CDRW-1 drives will hang and have problems if the operating system on the TS is too old. However, if the earlier revision CDRW-1 drive is used, you will probably not have any problems. If you want to be sure that you will not encounter issues, then just update the operating system on the TS and then install the CDRW-1.

The only other extremely rare problem you might encounter is that the drive will not go into your TS even when using a fair amount of force.

This is caused by an incorrect height on a plastic stand inside the TS which has the circuit board that connects to the CDRW-1.

Needless to say, I was unfortunate to score a Triton Studio that needed too much work just to install a cd writer.

Here's the link for my experience with this:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=295211&highlight=#295211
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
amofobro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Thanks Insanitor Reply with quote

Thanks, I really appreciate "The Heads Up" Now regarding your statement
"Now, if only I knew how to use my triton, I would be a very happy guy".
F.Y.I. here's a link to a youtube posting of the original DVD manual that I bought years ago. If you download the free Youtube downloader you can save it to your hard drive. It has a lot of useful info. Thanks again !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9ItVvKqKAQ Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: