Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monotribe and Aira TR-8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bestovitch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Monotribe and Aira TR-8 Reply with quote

Hey folks, here is a new video and track using the Monotribe for the main acid line and Aira TR-8 for the drums. These two machines compliment each other perfectly and are great fun to use together Smile

http://youtu.be/tMOeGk3YrQI
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure they do....... but the TR8 and the TB3 together make a much better combination in all respects. I think the TB3 blows the Monotribe (and the Volca Bass) completely out of the water.
Korg are getting left behind here..... don't think so?.... have you seen what Akai are bringing out soon?- the Rhythm Wolf- for a measly £159 / $200!
Cool
thehighesttree
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How on earth is the TB-3 any better than the monotribe? Please, enlighten me. It's a cool device for sure (great touch control, does sequencing, MIDI) but I thought it sounded kinda "VA" when I drew up a pattern and demoed it...more in the sonic territory of my R3, which isn't bad, but it's no Monotribe. Plus it has no drums. Not hating, I'm just curious how you came to that conclusion.

I haven't heard a demo of the Rhythm Wolf, but IF (that's a big "if" considering we haven't heard wolfie howl) the sound is there then it might be a monotribe slayer.
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

? How can you not think it is better ..... I think perhaps (surely) you may not have spent very much time with it- you say you have played a few patterns on it? ... the sequencer on the TB3 is almost perfect- it's easy, intuative and super fast.. and up to 32 steps long. The drums- on the Monotribe- you seriously use them and count them as a feature ?- it must be the lowest spec drum sequencer on the whole of the planet.
Anyway- the TB3 is packed with features- you mentioned only a few of them- like the scatter function, the effects, step/ realtime recording, the touchscreen, the drop in accents & slides, USB, MIDI etc-... the list goes on. Many more than the Monotribe. But most of all- the SOUND- rasping, grinding ,snarling, squelching, pumping- and a huge selection of them- all amazingly mangled with the TB3's superb filters and effects........ and NO ANNOYING CLICKING- ..........
My Monotribe has gone the same way as my Volca's- out the door.... and not a single regret. I now have a second TB3- and I can promise you- two of them together (with some Kaoss Pads) amounts to a very potent acid/ techno combination...... much more so than two Monotribe's could ever dream of.
ps- I know that the TB3 is not true analogue- but this new technology they have got in there gets it much closer than ever before. Most experts seem to feel that it is a very accomplished update & representation of the TB-303.
All in all it is by far and away the most pleasurable, easiest, instant, gratifying machine I have ever owned (and I've had most of them)....... and it sounds superb. Honestly.... I've waited many years for this. It used to take me ages to write music that I was happy with (usually failing to do so). but now (I kid you not)... I sit down.. turn on the TB3's and Whooosh! straight into the groove. It's almost like magic.
darenager

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better is in the eye of the beholder isn't it?

Personally I prefer what the Monotribe offers, not into USB, presets or built in fx, and I like the raw analog sound better.

But best is whatever works best for the individual. Wink
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course it is-
I mainly had in mind people who had neither but were contemplating both who might be looking at the forum, or who had perhaps no awareness of the TB3.
I still don't get it though- the TB3 is as raw as rubbing your hand on a cheese grater for about 20 mins Sounds Good
darenager

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no argument from me, I was just making a point on both sides Wink
brambos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a setup of ESX with Monotribe and TB3 both hooked to it. They complement each other nicely, but the TB3 is by far the more capable synth. If you can get over the fact that one is analog and the other merely sounds analog (yes, it does, if you choose the right patch without digital effects) the Roland is simply more modern, more fully featured and offers a much wider range of different sounds and timbres.

I understand people hate on the Aira line a lot though so I just ignore the haters and enjoy my TB3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: