Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA50SD for Beginners - How do I record a song?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
veethitelang

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: PA50SD for Beginners - How do I record a song? Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I bought a PA50 SD recently and want to record song covers. I do not wish to go into any complications and would just want a simple step-by-step method. It would be very kind of you to help me out here by telling me which buttons to click on my arranger in order to record a simple song and listen to it then (it's all super confusing right now as I've limited knowledge).

Thanks a lot in advance.

Veethi T.
TheoAsk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: I hope I can help Reply with quote

Hi,

I bought a Korg PA 50 SD at the same time as you and I have read the instruction manual and forum posts about this.

Personnally I record through my PC computer by using Audacity and a stereo jack cable (Line Out of keyboard to Line In of PC)

It's simpler...And also note that when you record a song it saves in MIDI format, not MP3 or WAV or OGG...

But to answer your question:

Press "Record"...Assign a track with "Track select " button.

Then when you are ready to play, press the Start./Stop button (red button in the center of the keyboard).

Now you can play : it is recording.

When finished you press the same button again.

You can hear what you played by pressing the "Play/Pause" grey button just above the "Start/Stop" red button. Normally it should work.

Then you need to transfer your song to our SD card and that is another issue...

If you switch off the keyboard at this point you will lose your song, so you need to save it to an SD card. To do this, I believe you have to go through the "Menu" button or "SD" button...

I am not in front of my PA 50 SD right now, so I don't remember well, but it should be one of these 2 options...It's pretty intuitive...

I believe you know how to load a prerecorded song from your SD card or not yet? It can be very useful...

Also to load a MIDI file, go into "Song" mode, not "Style" mode (grey button at the upper left of the keyboard"...

When MIDI file is loaded, press "Play/Pause" to start the MIDI song.

I hope I helped...

----UPDATE-------

I also have a question for other members if you don't mind: sometimes when I try to record a song I only record the drums...(when pressing the "Record" button that becomes Red). Is this normal? What would be the procedure according to you? Thank you
jimsweb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is very helpful. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: