Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

free TRITON sounds for the kross.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stingray1059

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: free TRITON sounds for the kross. Reply with quote

Get more sounds! Announcing 512 free Programs for the KROSS Music Workstation that includes 128 sounds from the TRITON Music Workstation. -

http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/kross/page_5.php
iluvchiclets

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume all Kross owners have downloaded these new programs...how are they? Any new stunning sounds in the piano and electric piano category?

I am still on the fence regarding the Kross. Would love someone to give me some news to knock me over to one side or the other!
stingray1059

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the addtional free banks are way better than than the default banks in the kross.
iluvchiclets

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, stingray1059,

Any favourites or features that stand out? What is it about them that makes them better than the factory set?

I am actually pretty impressed with the Kross pianos...although there does not appear to be a lot of waveforms to choose from (and a lot being mono) the Kross has variety and character. Curious what they have done with pianos and EPs.
tommymandel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found about 32 of the new Programs in the Bonus Banks that I wanted to add to the Kross soundset in mine. The funny thing is that I found some new Combis that I really liked, and saved them to the Kross - but then I realized that they were already ON the Kross !!!! - There are so many good Kross sounds that it will take a long time to get to know them all.
But still, it's great to have some new (hah - they should be called OLD, because they 'come from' the Triton!) sounds in this fine Keyboard. Thanks for all the work to get them to us, (whoever you are, I wish I knew who to thank!) Anyway it is much appreciated.
And yes, some sound a little bit different (than they do in my X50.) BX3 Velo Switch is almost exact though!
PS. I think it would have been difficult trying to give us new Combi's - because every Combi uses Programs, so if you tried to load 1 Combi at a time (Raymond Lorica tells us how to load a single file, on the cool Korg Kross Facebook page!) - you wouldn't get the Programs that go with it: you'd have to load the entire set, (PCG) which I wouldn't want to do, since I have many "regular" Kross sounds already in mine, that I depend on. Smile
vanjarre

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do these replace the factory pre set voices etc anf if so can the se be saved before loading the new programs thanks
stingray1059

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanjarre wrote:
Do these replace the factory pre set voices etc anf if so can the se be saved before loading the new programs thanks

these are user programs. it will not replace the factory preset banks.
vanjarre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply
david7685

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:18 am    Post subject: Interested in the types of new sounds/programs Reply with quote

Hello, thanks for chatting about the new sounds/programs available for the Kross. I am gigging with my Kross as the top (of two) keyboards. Please describe if you would more details about the new sounds which you did like and want to add?
Are they from different banks?
Which of the four (4) banks do you suggest if I can only load one (1) bank at a time?
Are the pianos and electric pianos grouped on the same bank?
Thank you.
Have a great summer.
iluvchiclets

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Toronto david7685!

You are pretty much correct in all your assumptions - they are four different banks of new sounds you add to an SD card, and you add one bank at a time to your Kross.
Korg's loading instructions are very exact, and if you follow them you can easily load a new sound bank without affecting anything else on your Kross.

Yes, the EP's and Pianos are all on one bank. It is that particular bank I leave pre-loaded in my Kross, as it is the one that is the most interest to me. Hard to describe the new sounds, they are obviously variations of what is included in the Kross already. Some have new effects, slight EQ changes, etc...

You know what? It's FREE! Don't wait a moment longer, download them for yourself and check it out. It's a no-brainer!
byllsong

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I download the Triton sounds to the Kross, will I be able to record the imported sounds in the sequencer?
Thanks, Billy
Ricky_jcr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should think so. Little point of having them otherwise.
tkarlmann

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tommymandel wrote:
you'd have to load the entire set, (PCG) which I wouldn't want to do, since I have many "regular" Kross sounds already in mine, that I depend on. Smile

So, there isn't space in the Kross for those additional sounds?
tommymandel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, I think I mis-spoke. You can actually load them in one-by-one.
And there is a lot of space in the User Category for new Programs.

Last edited by tommymandel on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
JD KROSS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: free TRITON sounds for the kross. Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Is it possible to just pick several favorite programs from different banks? Or I can only load per bank?

Thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: