Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plz. Help about my flash drive in the KORG

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chili

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Plz. Help about my flash drive in the KORG Reply with quote

I'm confused on what to press after I put my flash drive in the host. I use the StanDisk and my song does show up as (mybackground.set) but I don't know what to do to get it to play and what to do to save it. Yes I read the directions but I'm confused on some of it and the video just skimmed over the part I needed to know. Thanks!
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Re: Plz. Help about my flash drive in the KORG Reply with quote

Chili wrote:
I'm confused on what to press after I put my flash drive in the host. I use the StanDisk and my song does show up as (mybackground.set) but I don't know what to do to get it to play and what to do to save it. Yes I read the directions but I'm confused on some of it and the video just skimmed over the part I needed to know. Thanks!

what exactly you want to play from flash drive?
what's mybackground.set is there?
Can you be more clearly what you try to do?
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
Chili

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded a karaoke song from iTunes Store onto the flash drive then put it into the host plug behind the KORG keyboard, from there I can't get it to play on the keyboard.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chili wrote:
I downloaded a karaoke song from iTunes Store onto the flash drive then put it into the host plug behind the KORG keyboard, from there I can't get it to play on the keyboard.

Switch to song play mode, then click in top left corner where say player and then in letf bottom corner change from Disk to USB, find song you want and click Select.
You should see name of song, in order to play use Player buttons (not RED).
If this is karaoke and you want see lyrics click Lyrics. Wink
you can play along with song using keyboard .
Chili

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been great helping me and I wish u we're hear to help. This has got to be simple but I must of downloaded the music wrong because it's not playing. I put the flash drive bk in the computer and it plays. I'm so frustrated now! I hit dong play, USB and it showed the words SanDisk twice.
I highlighted one - it showed (word contents)
Hit contents, open
Showed - words Resources
Frameworks
Code signature
I then tried another way
Hit Media
Showed mybackground.set (where song is)
Highlighted that
Showed words STYLE, SOUND,SONGBOOK, etc

Wish u were here!
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use computer and find this song on computer, copy and paste, then copy version rename for something you remember like song2.
One more thing. Pa600 support only .mp3, .wav, .mid, .midi and .kar song files.
You need to check if this is right file.
what player on computer You use to play?
Assume this file is supported, take all data from USB and move to computer, Cut and copy (empty USB drive). then put only song there.
attach usb to Korg and try again.

If this file is not supported, you need convert it.
Chili

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I put flash drive bk n my computer it played in my iTunes library. I bought the song from ProSource Karaoke. When I buy a song will it tell me somewhere whether it's a .kar or wav? Sorry I sound so ignorant but I've had to learn already so much with this KORG that just getting this last step I'll b done learning and happy I can start learning more songs. Will try what you said and let you know how it works. Thanks again.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Pa3x but I think the procedure would be the same.
Firstly .set folders don't have the facility to store .mid .kar or .mp3 files.
These must be seperate or in a different folder on your USB or HD.
You can't play .wav files but you can easily convert these to .mp3 with a number of freeware programs.
Your karaoke files could be in .mid, .kar, or CDG format all of which should play on your keyboard. If its CDG format you need two files, one will have the .cdg extension and the other will have mp3 extension but both files must have exactly the same name to work (for example yoursong.cdg and yoursong.mp3) and both must be in the same folder.
The best type of karaoke files are .mid and .kar because they are fully editable (key change, show chords, edit lyrics, edit instruments etc.). Cdg files are like playing a video.
You can get some free CDG type karaoke file from this site that I know work:
http://www.karaoke-version.com/karaoke/
and you can get .mid and .kar karaoke files from here:
http://www.vanbasco.com/
Chili

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your the greatest, thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: