Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome in 2014

View previous topic :: View next topic  
geraldus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject: Krome in 2014 Reply with quote

Hello,

Should I get a Krome in 2014?

This is a very difficult question to ask because I am afraid that Korg will come up with something that will succeed the Krome anytime within this year with the same price point.

I am a Yamaha guy and I am not familiar with the Korg cycle so please help me out. Is it worth it to get the krome now or just wait for some months till Krome gets updated.

I wish the updated version will have at least 4 physical sliders, bigger screen for editing and can be tilted. In this way I don't need a computer to do recordings.
Ricky_jcr

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off,
I'm saying this because you mentioned you're a Yamaha user:
Are you sure a workstation is what you're looking for? Most Yamaha users look for arranger type keyboards, but don't know that they are.

I've seen threads where people were dissing the Kronos, when what they were actually looking for the Tyros!

So, before all that, make sure a workstation is what you need. If not, you can try the Korg PA series.

Good luck, and happy buying! Smile
geraldus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i am talking about workstations, I have a motif xs.
Ricky_jcr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right.
I'm a relatively new Krome owner, I got my 61 a month or so ago, and I don't about know about upgrades, but I've experienced NO glitches whatsoever with my board.

The touch screen is actually pretty, good responsive, but if you want better live controls, you could hook up a windows tablet to the Krome, and launch the editor in that. So it would basically give you the freedom/portability you're looking for in the screen.

(Keep in mind, that if Korg were to upgrade the Krome, it would cost more too. The cost of the Tablet would take both setups to the same expense-range)

Now the sliders. I admit that it is a problem. I love the way Korg has integrated sliders on the Kronos and the OASYS, but expecting that on a mid-range WS is a bit optimistic Wink

That said, if you do upgrade to a better interface, by using a tablet/iPad, I think you won't find the touch screen on the Krome much of a problem, but thats just me, a noob to Korg too Smile

Regards,
Ricky
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg will have more frequent upgrades in the mid range line. If you are looking at the Krome, wait until Winter and see if there is something new.
geraldus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response Bald Eagle,
Winter/ Winter NAMM is not far from now, I think I can wait that long.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: