Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set up 5 Combi's on one screen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fredg48

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Set up 5 Combi's on one screen? Reply with quote

I mainly only use about 5 combi's on my Extreme when I play.

Is there a way that I can set up a screen that has only those combi's showing so that I can just click up and down thru them on the same screen for immediate selection?

(I have heard that the "10's Hold" feature can help us group combi's together, but I can't find any info on how to do it, or even how it works.)
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think such screen is possible, however, if you put them in consecutive empty spots in a bank, you can use the INC/DEC buttons ... so it only needs a small amount of presses.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put them in the same bank such that they are consecutive [best is (same bank) 00 thru 010] then when you pull up the first page of a bank search they will all appear in the same window.

You can then pick each one by using the touch screen. As you touch each one the sound will change but the screen will not -- unless you press enter.

If you do not press the enter button you will be able to select any of your other sounds with a screen touch.

The presumes that you don not need to see any of the "play" parameters during the song -- to access those you'd have to press enter and would automatically leave the bank search window, losing the view of your "top 10".

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also use the 10's lock and then you'll be able to select one by just hitting the num pad 1 through 5 (assuming you put them in, say 001, 002, 003, 004 and 005).
Fredg48

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:33 pm    Post subject: Thanks to DD and Sander! (Putting favorite Combis together) Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply! Very Happy

BB.......I tried putting them all in one bank so I can see them all at the same time and then choose the one I want........Worked great!! Thanks!!

Sander......I think the 10's Hold feature would also be beneficial, but as hard as I look, I can't find much info on it....and how it works.

Where can I go to learn more about the 10's Hold feature?
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks to DD and Sander! (Putting favorite Combis toget Reply with quote

Fredg48 wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply! Very Happy

BB.......I tried putting them all in one bank so I can see them all at the same time and then choose the one I want........Worked great!! Thanks!!

Sander......I think the 10's Hold feature would also be beneficial, but as hard as I look, I can't find much info on it....and how it works.

Where can I go to learn more about the 10's Hold feature?

I'm sure that is in the manual (either operations guide or parameter guide, probably the first one).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fredg48

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Can't find it in the manual.....10's Hold Reply with quote

I would think it would be in the manual, but I couldn't find it.

Can anyone on this forum find it? Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: