Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Awaiting 64mb expansion cards. Looking for direction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sglov25

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Awaiting 64mb expansion cards. Looking for direction. Reply with quote

I tried downloading patches from Korg Patches but found out the reason they weren't loading was the lack of memory so I purchased the 64mb expansion from Ebay and am awaiting it's arrival.

I do have the manual but would appreciate a brief synopsis of the process.

I've spent the majority of my time with my Yamaha EX5 and SY99 and now it's time to see how my TR responds to downloads.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Sglov25

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Memory installed. Ready to load. No responses? Reply with quote

I've never been in a forum with so little input from it's members. Why even have a forum?
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!

The Triton LE / TR is an older model, so this forum doesn't get quite as much attention unfortunately as the other models. I've often thought the various Triton sub-forums should be collapsed into one for this very reason, but I digress.

The installation is incredibly easy. It's simply a matter of switching the power off, turning the Triton over and removing half a dozen screws from one of the two small covers on the bottom (I forget which one as I don't own a Triton anymore).

The two RAM modules then clip in - if you've had experience installing RAM in a computer before, it's incredibly easy. If not, there's plenty of videos online that show the process.

Reattach the panel cover and turn it on - if all went okay, the boot screen will say DIMM1: 32MB, DIMM2: 32MB and you're done!
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
Sglov25

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: No problem with the DRAMM/SIMM.... Reply with quote

SeedyLee wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

The Triton LE / TR is an older model, so this forum doesn't get quite as much attention unfortunately as the other models. I've often thought the various Triton sub-forums should be collapsed into one for this very reason, but I digress.

The installation is incredibly easy. It's simply a matter of switching the power off, turning the Triton over and removing half a dozen screws from one of the two small covers on the bottom (I forget which one as I don't own a Triton anymore).

The two RAM modules then clip in - if you've had experience installing RAM in a computer before, it's incredibly easy. If not, there's plenty of videos online that show the process.

Reattach the panel cover and turn it on - if all went okay, the boot screen will say DIMM1: 32MB, DIMM2: 32MB and you're done!

My reference was to assistance downloading/transfering the files PCG and other files used on this system. Installing the DRAMM/SIMM was a piece of cake....done in minutes.

I finally managed to load the "Emulated Pianos" patch from the downloads area. Since the bulk of my time and attention have been with the EX5 and SY99 I'm a little behind the curve with these type of files and how to extract/load them to the TR88.

I am aware of the limitation of not being able to load or transfer effects as it's limited to one by the TR but I would imagine that there are work arounds for this deficiency.

One problem that I see is with KMF files. They seem to be plentiful but appear to accomplish little other than multiplying!

I suppose it could be the order in which they are extracted/unzipped. Don't really know....that's why I'm here...to learn. Korg doesn't write the most "user friendly" manuals....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: