Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe noob with some questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sh0wtime

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Electribe noob with some questions Reply with quote

Hi guys
very new to this stuff so forgive any dumb questions...
i saw an EMX for sale on a photography forum a while ago with links to a couple of youtube vids & i was like wow check that out! Shocked

somebody bought it before me & i forgot all about it, then a little while ago on a rainy Sunday i went on ebay & bought one Very Happy
not had much to do with it yet as been either away or working but have managed to check out a few more videos!
somebody i know has an ES1 mk11 that seems to be going cheap. would this be of any use to me? would it work in conjunction with my EMX?
i can afford it i just don't want to buy it if i'll never use it Rolling Eyes

also i like the idea of the Kaossilator Pro+
would this be a decent addition to my emx?
it looks fairly intuitive Very Happy
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ES1 would be a great addition to your EMX- it could do mainly drums & samples while the EMX provides mainly synths- it's easy to get them to play in time together and mixing them together would be great fun.
I would forget about the Kaossilator for the time being though- I find its great for making individual short samples (in your case this of course would be for the ES1) and it is great fun to jam with -but I think some people have syncing issues with it which you might want to check out. In my book it would be less value if you are on a budget. Instead I would get your EMX & ES1 a second hand Mini KP each (or one between them which the mixed sound would go through)- very inexpensive now, but great little units.
sh0wtime

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob thanks for your helpful reply Smile

i already ordered the KO pro+ after having a play on a mini Ko pad. seems very intuitive & sounds great for such a small thing & i thought the extra functionality of the KOpro would only be a good thing Embarassed
i have just received a mini Kaoss pad 2 as well so i'll let you know how i get on with that, seems pretty good so far Very Happy

i reckon that mk2 should be worth a go at the money he wants for it so i'll send him a message next week.

building quite a collection already Embarassed Rolling Eyes Wink Cool

Last edited by sh0wtime on Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi- you are welcome- you will probably spend a while buying and selling lots of different gear until you find what suits your own personal taste anyway- something I would definitely recommend.
As an example- I recently sold some gear and bought a Roland TB 3- which I discovered is by far and away (a long way) for me the best groovebox type instrument ever to exist- it's amazing. Dancing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: