Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Newbie to microkorg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Newbie to microkorg Reply with quote

Hi

I am a complete newbie and have just purchased a microkorg. Im a guitar player in a band and wanted to add an element of electronics and sythns into the music. I have used keyboards but at a very basic level before so just had a few questions around the microkorg.

Is it possible with anything I write on the microkorg to store it so it can just be played live to allow me to still play guitar while this plays over the PA? Kinda adding onto that, can you use it along with a nanopad and a trigger pad set up to the drum kit to trigger samples(bass drops, anvil sounds etc)?

Also, as a somebody that hasn't learned to play keyboard(besides what I played in school) is it essential to have keyboard skills to play use this or is possible to just pick it up as I go as it isn't my main instrument in the band and mostly will see me trying to use triggers more than anything rather than playing it live.

Thanks, Cal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> New Members Zone All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: