Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help . please i need your help i am new to this beast :D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hannarecord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Help . please i need your help i am new to this beast :D Reply with quote

Hello guys recently i bought triton extreme w/Moss 96MB Ram
everything is working perfectly but since the system is completly diffrent than my pa600qt i would like to ask some questions
any help is highly appreaciated
1- i have 5 or 6 sets how can i add some combis / prog from each set to another ? if i open pcg file from media then / combination / load selected sound some will not work as they need their samples i think how can this be done ?
2- the triton i bought have a special oriental set inside but there is a problem sometimes when switching between combinations the triton will freeze and have no response until i restart i tried diffrent sets and i have no problem but i need the combis/progs inside this sets becuase they are the best i found does this have any relation with the global file ? it may cause this problem because on all other sets there is no problem
3- i have microphone is there any way i can try to sing while playing in the extreme ? i dont want to use on stage only practicing
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) You can load programs/combis separately, but I would suggest using e.g. PCG Tools for copy/pasting between PCG files.
2) Freezing looks like a serious problem, however the info is too less to see some solution for me.
3) Afaik the input of the Extreme should be suitable for microphone. Check the sampler settings how to get it to work.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hannarecord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:28 pm    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

thank you bro for your reply do u suggest me to reload the os on the extreme may it fix the freezing ? if yes please how and where can i download the os files ? thank you
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally, you don't want to mess with the OS if things are powering up and working normally most of the time.

The manual should have a good description of the routine to reset the OS, though, if you want to try that.

If I may presumes to translate from MK's Dutch, what he's saying (and I agree) is that you've not yet provided enough information to get a clear diagnosis... "I get tired" could be cancer or a hangover... "It freezes"... Under what circumstances, how long has it been on, what is it plugged into, what's plugged into it, are you running user samples, are you sequencing (internal/external), using it as a sound source with another controller, etc.?

All those could contribute to a "freeze" situation.

Something as simple as having a combination that's referencing a .kmp sample that is not loaded may be enough to freeze a sequence and will at the very least cause silence where there's supposed to be sound.

More info needed.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
hannarecord

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: thank bro for help Reply with quote

thank u bro for your response Very Happy
well after using the triton for 2 weeks i think its a problem in the set i tried a diffrent set for 2 days and the triton works normally when i switch back to the old set it only freeze when switching for example to the combi A038 and A039
if i choose diffrent combis and play for hours it wont freeze .
i am only using it with pedal . and ouput cables for sound nothing else
Confused
my second question bro its possible that i use microphone and play combinations in the same time ? i mean i dont have this option in pa600 its possible in the extreme
really appreciate your help
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best recommendation is that you pick up a small 2 channel (eg. Behringer) mixer for about $45 US - depending on model it will have an XLR (3 prong) input that will let you mix a mic and keyboard with enough "guts" to the mic so that it doesn't get sucked under the keyboard.

You will, I think be happier with the resulting sound and for sure it is way less time consuming to set this up for all patches than to worry if your mic will work in any given combi and whether you'll need to switch modes in order to hear it.

You could, I think, run a mic or some other line level signal through the sample input and use (maybe) some internal effects, but its a bit of a forced "make-do" rather than an actual/intentional microphone/mix utility. IMO better to let keyboard key a let mixer mix inputs together (same kind of thing was asked in a recent thread wanting to play mp3's using inputs on keyboard).

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
lebeau99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:19 am    Post subject: Help . please i need your help i am new to this beast :D Reply with quote

A little mixer would be one way but I have embraced the Bose L1. You get stereo out RCA to Bose. Also XLR. Very crisp, light. powerful (medium sized room), compact, can set it up behind you with no feedback from mikes, but very pricy. $1000 CAD plus.
I like to use mike to audio input in performance. I play woodwinds live with seq and can apply delicious Korg effects to them. Then with a flick of an independent switch, i can use the same mike to go directly to PA using XLR only, for vocals, say.
I use IFX5 always for the audio input. Usually delay. To choose IFX5 for audio input, go to Global, P0--input/sampling/--Input--analog--IFX5. For both inputs.
See p. 107. Operating Guide.
Yes you can use a mike and play a combi at the same time. Choose IFX5 for audio input, choose effect. If you choose a different effect for IFX5 than the combi has already chosen, you will hear unforeseen variations and will have to adjust.
David
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: