Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Korg PA3XLe
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hwh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: New Korg PA3XLe Reply with quote

So what do you think about the new PA3XLe?
Bigger touch display, new piano sounds....
I was hoping for more, or do you think it`s worth upgrading?
http://www.korg.com/us/products/synthesizers/pa3x_le/
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgrading from what?

Confused

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is standing for Le???
Limited Edition or Lite Edition ???
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Traditionally Korg used "LE" to mean a stripped down/compact/less expensive version - so I think "Lite" is certainly appropriate or maybe "LEss".
This is definitely NOT a replacement or upgrade and I can't imagine the Korg could afford a "limited" edition.

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Craig E

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had recently ordered a LE, but having spoken with Korg and a few stores, from what I was told the LE is more of a 76 note PA900, rather than a cut down PA3X 76 note.

I suppose calling it a PA3X LE sounds better than a PA900 76 from a marketing point Smile

I've purchased the PA3X pro instead. I'm hoping the violin, guitar sounds and the soprano voice are in here that you can hear on the new LE video demos and that the piano voices are just as good.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: New Korg PA3XLe Reply with quote

hwh wrote:

... comes without fingered3-mode and without selectable Fill-Modes - that seems to be a step backward in development of its styleplayer.

Korg SHOULD TRY TO HOLD THE LEVEL OF FUNCTIONS THAT ALREADY WHERE PRESENT - since more then 10 years and even in small MicroArranger and Pa500.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree, sieben...

At the very least, Korg need to COMMUNICATE with their users before they remove a feature, and see what the response is.

This is something Roland are terrible at... each new arranger drops as many great features as it adds! Where do these people do their market research? I've NEVER seen any communication between the people who design these things and the people who have to use them..! Rolling Eyes
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the new pa3xle for three days now and find it a great addition to my arsenal
. The violins, guitars and electric and acoustic pianos are very pleasing. Can't compare with other pa's but it sonically stacks up well to my Oasys. Fwiw

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: New Korg PA3XLe Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
hwh wrote:

... comes without fingered3-mode and without selectable Fill-Modes - that seems to be a step backward in development of its styleplayer.

Korg SHOULD TRY TO HOLD THE LEVEL OF FUNCTIONS THAT ALREADY WHERE PRESENT - since more then 10 years and even in small MicroArranger and Pa500.

Have just bought the LE and very happy with it however the loss of proper multi fingering modes is very disappointing and has marred my enjoyment of the keyboard. The so called Expert mode allows 2 fingers to be dropped for a Chord but this causes problems in playing Inverted Chords. Not a problem where Root chords are played as you lift your hand totally from the keyboard between chords, not so with Inverted chords and so with changing between certain chords can give unwanted chord changes between the correct chords.

DO NOT LIKE THIS. Come on Korg - PLEASE reinstate the advanced chord fingering back to the LE.... I'm sure it can be done!

Regards and salutations to all my friends here on Korg Forums. Been a long time since I visited... Smile

Keith
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now don't be shy, Keith. It's good to see you back on here.
kgardner53

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: a question for Dikikeys Reply with quote

Dikikeys wrote:
I completely agree, sieben...

At the very least, Korg need to COMMUNICATE with their users before they remove a feature, and see what the response is.
... I've NEVER seen any communication between the people who design these things and the people who have to use them..! Rolling Eyes

May I ask a question, Dikikeys? What would you say if you had bought a PA3X, either one, at retail list price and discovered that this PA3X-LE was now available with its reduced price and every single one of the PA3X features was on it? One can only imagine what kind of communication you would fire off to KORG ! Dumbed down or lite versions of software and automobiles have their place.
PA1X-Pro 2 units acquired in 2004 and became a forum member. Traded these in to get one PA3X-Pro-76 on July 25, 2014. Kurzweil PC88-MX (acq'd. 1995, stored), Korg EC-5 foot pedal switch,Roland DP-10 sustain pedals, Roland PK-5A dynamic MIDI 1 octave 13 pedal organ bass pedalboard, Behringer continuous control expression pedal. Kontact Komplete Ultimate 7, 8, 9, now 10 with Guitar Rig Controller Foot pedal board. Sonar Producer. MIDI controllers: Behringer FCB1010, Akai professional LPK25, M-Audio Axiom 49 MIDI controller , M-Audio Axiom 25 MIDI controller. 50+ years musical performance experience, Union Musician, Local 293, Hamilton.
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: a question for Dikikeys Reply with quote

kgardner53 wrote:
May I ask a question, Dikikeys? What would you say if you had bought a PA3X, either one, at retail list price and discovered that this PA3X-LE was now available with its reduced price and every single one of the PA3X features was on it? One can only imagine what kind of communication you would fire off to KORG ! Dumbed down or lite versions of software and automobiles have their place.

What on earth are you talking about, kgardner? The fingered chord issue has NOTHING to do with the level of market segment an arranger is in, nor its cost... Previous MOTL Korg's had the three fingered chord mode, it is NOT a TOTL arranger exclusive.

Once again, the specter of marketing confusion muddies the water. The PA3XLe is merely a PA900 with a 76 action, pretty much. Most of the confusion and unfulfilled expectation, not to mention the angst you seem to be showing about the thought that a MOTL arranger or lesser model to the TOTL had all the features of the top model is due to the name...

Pretty much all of this rubbish would never have started if Korg had have named the model the PA900/76..! Twisted Evil

But call it a PA3XLe and everyone loses their minds! Try to look deeper, and not let marketing tactics befuddle your opinions...
kgardner53

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it not the case that the PA3X LE is missing a desirable chord recognition feature?
Is it not the case that this was intentional on KORG's part?
Does this not make the purchase of a PA3X a necessity in some users' minds?
I am talking about intentional model design to establish its place in the lineup.
I am simply saying that features establish a model's superiority in the model lineup.

And to quote Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."
PA1X-Pro 2 units acquired in 2004 and became a forum member. Traded these in to get one PA3X-Pro-76 on July 25, 2014. Kurzweil PC88-MX (acq'd. 1995, stored), Korg EC-5 foot pedal switch,Roland DP-10 sustain pedals, Roland PK-5A dynamic MIDI 1 octave 13 pedal organ bass pedalboard, Behringer continuous control expression pedal. Kontact Komplete Ultimate 7, 8, 9, now 10 with Guitar Rig Controller Foot pedal board. Sonar Producer. MIDI controllers: Behringer FCB1010, Akai professional LPK25, M-Audio Axiom 49 MIDI controller , M-Audio Axiom 25 MIDI controller. 50+ years musical performance experience, Union Musician, Local 293, Hamilton.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent points Kim. I bought the Pa3Xle for its 76 keys and metal construction. The fact that it's missing a chord mod has not become and issue yet. I am a piano player so left handed full chords are not a big deal. What's important is 76 keys and metal wood construction. I play out a lot and plastic makes me a little squeamish. Being a $1000.00 cheaper is a big plus as well.

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
mrniceneasy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Le as it had the 76 keys that I wanted and the cost had a big part in it also. I would have liked a pa3x pro but for the price I could have only got a second hand one with no Guarantee. I'm not concerned that the keyboard has some limitations over its big Brother pa3xpro but this one issue of the Fingering modes needs to be rectified as far as I'm concerned. I don't play piano chords, never played a real piano, all my chord structures are based on Invertions. That's how I play. As I said earlier it's difficult in full swing not to get erroneous chords when changing. I suspect it would be easy to add this back into the software... Confused
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: