Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KRONOS discontinued!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
media-igor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: KRONOS discontinued! Reply with quote

As far as I learned - was no longer produced KRONOS (X)! What will happen instead? It seems likely to be dropped product (release of a new operating system, software, etc.). Sorry, the product is 3 years old - and already out of date!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From where did you get this info???

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Laste7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of date?! HAHAHA!
Purusha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local retailer says - component shortages...
Davd C. Polich

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purusha wrote:

Well, don't believe your local retailer. He's just guessing. He doesn't work for Korg.

This "shortage of parts" rumor has been posted before on this forum. Korg can certainly source parts from other sources.

I've heard stories like this about every other workstation there is…Yamaha, kurzweil, Roland. People like to make stuff up. And in the case of
a retailer, what he's probably thinking is he has trouble getting the Kronos, and would like to sell you something else.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: KRONOS discontinued! Reply with quote

media-igor wrote:
As far as I learned - was no longer produced KRONOS (X)! What will happen instead? It seems likely to be dropped product (release of a new operating system, software, etc.). Sorry, the product is 3 years old - and already out of date!

yes, and Yamaha Motif is completely up to date. Sorry to report that
Smile
Purusha

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davd C. Polich wrote:
Purusha wrote:

Well, don't believe your local retailer. He's just guessing. He doesn't work for Korg.

This "shortage of parts" rumor has been posted before on this forum. Korg can certainly source parts from other sources.

I've heard stories like this about every other workstation there is…Yamaha, kurzweil, Roland. People like to make stuff up. And in the case of
a retailer, what he's probably thinking is he has trouble getting the Kronos, and would like to sell you something else.

Sure, my local retailer is probably guessing, but the point is that they don't have current info which says it's discontinued.

He certainly wasn't trying to sell me another unit though since he knows I have a Kronos, which he's arranged to get back to Korg for repair.

I know him quite well. Smile
phil55

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that the intel computer that was in the KRONOS is no longer being made or available which might have something to do with this....
Karimh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a KRONOS X61 last month and haven't received it yet. I'm located in Canada. My local dealer called Korg Canada (distributor) and they informed us that Korg has "issues with production" and the product would not be available till "maybe" November or late December.

Luckily this board was available at another location (same store chain) in Canada and they're shipping it to my local dealer this week.

So this shortage is Not a rumor. It is true, but I don't know the actual reason behind this.

Regards,

Karim.
EvilDragon
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phil55 wrote:
I've heard that the intel computer that was in the KRONOS is no longer being made or available which might have something to do with this....

And that is completely true. Atom D510 is discontinued for quite some time, and D525 (used in Kronos X) also not produced anymore. So, there can definitely be shortage of supply.
Davd C. Polich

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of what the status of Kronos parts is, there has been no official announcement from Korg that they are discontinuing the Kronos. You can
engage in guesswork all you want, but until Korg issues a press release saying that they have brought production of the Kronos to an end, any speculation is just that…speculation.

I really really doubt Korg is going to drop the Kronos. There's still plenty of demand for it. There's still plenty of demand for the Yamaha Motif and the Roland JP-80. Sometimes I think that posting something has been discontinued is the product of some kind of weird wishful thinking.

If there's a supply problem, Korg will remedy that…it's not like there's nowhere else in the world they can look for replacement parts, including
CPU's and touch screens.

If anyone is alarmed about this rumor, best thing to do is to call Korg
yourself and ask the question.
Jer76

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kronos X 88 is also discontinued here in Singapore.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg does not make official statements that a product has been discontinued until they are well prepared to launch a follow-up product. This was the case with the OASYS. Many sites are now listing the Kronos as out of stock. If history repeats itself then this is a sign that something new and spectacular is right around the corner.
jeebustrain
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

without an official word from the mfg, most of the time I've heard that so and so is discontinued, it's mostly from dealers who would rather push you to buy something else (i.e. something in stock on their floor) rather than have to deal with ordering something that's backordered that's going to make them little money and cause them to exert extra effort (i.e. fielding regular calls from the customer asking "is it in yet?").

There have been several music stores in my area over the years that have done that. Not surprisingly, most of them are now out of business.
::: Korg Kronos 88 ::: Alesis Fusion 8HD ::: Kurzweil PC361 ::: Roland V-Synth ::: DSI Prophet 12 ::: DSI OB-6 ::: Korg Prophecy ::: Moog Micromoog ::: Yamaha CP-30 ::: Alesis Andromeda ::: Moog Sub37 ::: Sequential Prophet 600 ::: Korg MS2000BR ::: GSI Burn :::

My Music
djcactus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:
Korg does not make official statements that a product has been discontinued until they are well prepared to launch a follow-up product. This was the case with the OASYS. Many sites are now listing the Kronos as out of stock. If history repeats itself then this is a sign that something new and spectacular is right around the corner.

I feel like the EMX and ESX 'tribe went like this, they were hard for me to find last year, officially discontinued this year. Surprise new electribes out.

Not complaining, just validating your response.

I don't think the kronos is all done though, worst case scenario it will comeback with a new processor and maybe an upgrade like from the kronos to the x, or one of the many triton models, et cetera, et cetera.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: